Baby sulcata not moving much

huntevans20

Location (City and/or State)
Kansas CIty
Hey guys. I know I’ve asked a lot of questions here lately. I’m just not sure what to do any this point. I’ve taken a lot of advice from you guys. I have my temps at 80 day and night throughout the enclosure and have made it a closed enclosure with much less ventilation to improve the humidity. Basking spot is a little over 100 degrees with a 12.0 uvb bulb strip light. I read coils are bad for the eyes. I have a ceramic heat emitter for night time heat.
Here lies the issue. My baby sulcata has been very still for the last few days. He doesn’t really move around unless i am soaking him. He hasn’t eaten in a couple days and I’m starting to worry.
i got him from a local pet store that specializes in exotics and said he was in great shape and I’m scared i was lied too. He has a big hide box that’s heated as well as a humid hide.

at this point what should i do to help him. I’m just worried I’m fighting a downhill battle that i will not win. I have a huge passion for these tortoises and want to be a breeder and do it the correct and honest way one day. I just don’t want to lose this guy because of the pet stores mistakes. Or my own. Help me out if you can. Thank you in advance

nicoleann2214

NY
Hey guys. I know I’ve asked a lot of questions here lately. I’m just not sure what to do any this point. I’ve taken a lot of advice from you guys. I have my temps at 80 day and night throughout the enclosure and have made it a closed enclosure with much less ventilation to improve the humidity. Basking spot is a little over 100 degrees with a 12.0 uvb bulb strip light. I read coils are bad for the eyes. I have a ceramic heat emitter for night time heat.
Here lies the issue. My baby sulcata has been very still for the last few days. He doesn’t really move around unless i am soaking him. He hasn’t eaten in a couple days and I’m starting to worry.
i got him from a local pet store that specializes in exotics and said he was in great shape and I’m scared i was lied too. He has a big hide box that’s heated as well as a humid hide.

at this point what should i do to help him. I’m just worried I’m fighting a downhill battle that i will not win. I have a huge passion for these tortoises and want to be a breeder and do it the correct and honest way one day. I just don’t want to lose this guy because of the pet stores mistakes. Or my own. Help me out if you can. Thank you in advance
What’re you feeding him? Have you noticed any signs of sickness such as bubbles or anything? I know babies sleep a lot mine will tool around for a bit and then relax in the corner and sleep. I would bump your temps up a bit more to like 85 during night time.

huntevans20

Kansas CIty
What’re you feeding him? Have you noticed any signs of sickness such as bubbles or anything? I know babies sleep a lot mine will tool around for a bit and then relax in the corner and sleep.
I’m not noticing any sign of sickness. I’m not exactly sure what bubbles would consist of but i have seen anything of concern so I’m assuming no bubbles. I’m feeding him dandelion greens always and I mix a new green in everytime i go to the store. Currently boc Choi. He’s just not acting like himself and it’s concerning me

nicoleann2214

NY
I’m not noticing any sign of sickness. I’m not exactly sure what bubbles would consist of but i have seen anything of concern so I’m assuming no bubbles. I’m feeding him dandelion greens always and I mix a new green in everytime i go to the store. Currently boc Choi. He’s just not acting like himself and it’s concerning me
Mine had bubbles before and they were clear. @Tom can help you better than I can. But when my tortoise was sick, he told me to bump my temps up because the heat will help. Does he have a favorite food he eats over the others? Try offering it

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Is it still being housed with the leopard? In pairs, one will always be doing worse than the other. They really need to be separated ASAP, especially if one is poorly, if they are still together.

it could also be from enclosure changes.

could you post pictures of the entire enclosure?

huntevans20

Kansas CIty
Is it still being housed with the leopard? In pairs, one will always be doing worse than the other. They really need to be separated ASAP, especially if one is poorly, if they are still together.

I am not at the enclosure right now. I’m currently building another one actually so i can house them separately. I had them together for 3 months with no sign of stress or issues at all. They will be separated tomorrow. I have them in a tortoise table. I was told they need to be close chambered so i have a towel draped over the top to keep heat and humidity in until the new close chamber is ready. It is 80 degrees on the cool side and 80% humidity. Anything i need to change?

huntevans20

Kansas CIty

here’s the enclosure as well. Forgot i had taken one earlier!

Attachments

• C76311FF-DE51-4026-9B3E-B1344988D558.jpeg
    C76311FF-DE51-4026-9B3E-B1344988D558.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 20