Baby sulcata digging. Good, bad or normal?

Marivladi

Location (City and/or State)
Portland, OR
Hello. First of all I'd like to express my gratitude for this forum and all of you knolegable people who are willing to share their experience with newbies like myself. I introduced myself in another tread and been reading this forum like a mad woman.
My baby sulcata is with us for a couple of weeks now. We set her up in a 50 gallon terrarium, with Eco earth substrate, basking light for day heat and CHE for the night. Temperature at the basking spot is around 100, humidity is 60-80%, I keep spraying and pouring water all over the substrate. The top is partially closed with plexiglass and I put foil over the lamps.
Sorry for the long post.
So recently my little guy started do dig at one corner. He digs a whole and goes to sleep in it. Does it mean he doesn't like his half log that I have for him? Is it good that he digs? Or I'm doing something wrong. I'm thinking to setup a plastic bin for him and try that.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
It's fine that he digs, it's normal. Your substrate I'd too wet, it should just be damp.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Put a humid hide in there, I. not sure if the thing in the middle is. Just buy a $1 plastic shoe bin to put in there.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Pretty tortoise!!
Yeah, a plastic hide is better at keeping in humidity, otherwise everything seems good.