Baby sulcata carriers

ShelbysMom

Location (City and/or State)
LAS VEGAS
So I need to take my baby sulcata to the vet this afternoon. She had diarrhea last night and I want to make sure she's ok. (I think I may have done it. I got excited about things she can eat. ?) But I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Now the real question is, what do I put her in to transport her?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Use a dark colored opaque plastic box with a lid. I transport them on a towel. I bring extra towels and a trash bag. I put the soiled towels in the trash bag and replace them with clean ones as needed.

There is no need to go to the vet for one day of diarrhea. That is pretty normal, especially if you are introducing new foods. There really isn't anything a vet can do about it anyway, and most of them will do harm. Soak daily for a while to keep the tortoise hydrated, and things should return to normal.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I wouldnt run him to a vet either as Tom said. One day is nothing. A vet may do more damage then good. Most are not educated on tortoises and that includes some reptile vets.

Btw, what are you feeding? We might find something in that, other than just new foods, that's causing the loose stools.

ShelbysMom

LAS VEGAS
I think we might actually have a good tortoise very in Vegas. He said Shelby looks good..... She even crapped for him and literally ran all over the exam table. She tried to eat my nails, they are painted green. I guess she had more room after she crapped. He checked her shell, eyes, nose and tummy. She weighs .2 lbs. He thought oxbow would be good for her....... Do you guys know what that is?