Baby sexing , lets guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godcomplex

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia , jakarta - bali
I know its almost impossible to determine sulcata's gender while baby, but i just want to poll because i'm getting another tort maybe another sulcata or pardalis and i dont want the same gender. Please help. ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1367198024.897653.jpgImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1367198065.794319.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
There is absolutely no way of sexing a tort that young without an expensive invasive surgery. BTW, Sullies should be kept alone and species should not mix.

kjr153

5 Year Member
It's aggravating to not be able to tell. We call our baby Sully Mr.Tortoise so if it's a girl I hope she doesn't mind. :)

Godcomplex

5 Year Member
Indonesia , jakarta - bali
wellington said:
There is absolutely no way of sexing a tort that young without an expensive invasive surgery. BTW, Sullies should be kept alone and species should not mix.

They will not share the same enclosure , but i want to have one more tort for my companion

kjr153 said:
It's aggravating to not be able to tell. We call our baby Sully Mr.Tortoise so if it's a girl I hope she doesn't mind. :)

Hahaha yea i think they dont mind about names , but it will determine my preferences to my new tort. I want them to be a couple.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That's good. However, there just is no way of guessing the sex at such a young age. Unfortunately, I know, it stinks that we can't. Just take the plunge and hope for the best. If you know the temp the one you have was incubated at, then you have a better guess at the sex. Then you can look for when incubated for the opposite sex. However, it's still a gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.