NaniRedstone

Location (City and/or State)
Tregaron
Hi, Does anyone know what this is that's coming up under his shell?? Hes 1yr2months and we've had him for 11days, currently worried about his care and health! Hes hardly been eating the past few days and mainly sits in his house and hardly ever puts his head in his shell if that's normal?

We also noticed mold growing in his enclosure, our fogger has only been set up the last few days so had been spraying in their non stop trying to get the humidity up but now it just seems soo soo wet in there now! Just cant stop worrying!!!

Attachments

• 20201005_163954.jpg
    20201005_163954.jpg
    882.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 20201005_164030.jpg
    20201005_164030.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Hi, Does anyone know what this is that's coming up under his shell?? Hes 1yr2months and we've had him for 11days, currently worried about his care and health! Hes hardly been eating the past few days and mainly sits in his house and hardly ever puts his head in his shell if that's normal?

We also noticed mold growing in his enclosure, our fogger has only been set up the last few days so had been spraying in their non stop trying to get the humidity up but now it just seems soo soo wet in there now! Just cant stop worrying!!!
Looks pretty normal to me. I don't see anything concerning. Tortoises done like change and it's pretty normal for a new tort to spend a lot of time hiding. Also, it would be easier and more effective for you if you build a top for the enclosure to hold the humidity in rather than using the fogger.

NaniRedstone

Tregaron
Just incase anyone cant tell straight away, there is a group of spots and in the middle there a patch that's changing colour
Looks pretty normal to me. I don't see anything concerning. Tortoises done like change and it's pretty normal for a new tort to spend a lot of time hiding. Also, it would be easier and more effective for you if you build a top for the enclosure to hold the humidity in rather than using the fogger.
Thanks for replying, On this shell if you look closely theres a group of little spots/circles on both sides on the middle of his shell but mostly on the left, and it's a vivarium so all enclosed but just doesnt hold its humidity?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Just incase anyone cant tell straight away, there is a group of spots and in the middle there a patch that's changing colour

Thanks for replying, On this shell if you look closely theres a group of little spots/circles on both sides on the middle of his shell but mostly on the left, and it's a vivarium so all enclosed but just doesnt hold its humidity?
You need to add water. Misting won't do it. Make your substrate about 3-4" thick if you can and dump a couple cups of water into. Your humidity should go up and stay up. Just make sure the top layer is dry.

NaniRedstone

Tregaron
These circles have started forming under my redfoots shell?

Attachments

• 20201005_200115.jpg
    20201005_200115.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 10

Zoeclare

Uk
Hi I think this was answered on your other thread? If you do a search on this forum for "White squiggly lines" you'll see lots of posts, not really sure what they are but they are very common and nothing to worry about. Welcome to the forum!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I agree to all of that great information above.
Humidifiers are more of a hassle than they are worth.
Most of us tried to incorporate one or two in the past and discovered them to be a waste of time at best.
It makes a simple issue a complicated mess.
And your tortoise look fine. In fact he or she looks pretty fantastic.
If there is any mold visible, remove it right away. With any affected media/substrate.
Fungal issues are not unusual with Redfoot. But you don't have an issue at this time.