Baby Redfoot 1st days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avocado034

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I got 2 baby redfoots (about 2.5) months old today and I have a tubberware set up for them with damp spagnum moss and a hide at one end, and a "clean" area and water/food on the other end. One of them isjust hiding and hasn't moved. The other one is just kind of chilling- No eating/drinking yet. Should I soak them?? Is it normal to be hiding a lot and not eating on the first day?

Thanks

Oh, ALSO- the humidity is almost 100% is that too high?? High temps are around 85, low is about 78.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
It takes most tortoises time to adjust before they want to go wandering, I've especially noticed this with Red-Foots. And besides in general RFs hide out more than others. So give it time, and keep offering the food... trying offering it at the same time each day, and showing them where it is.

As for temps, you might need to up them a bit, ambient temps shouldn't be below 80, and the hide should be at least 90.

Can't answer the humidity one, though!

Avocado034

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ok, great! My thermometer says that its over 100 º in the tub!!! I have it up like 14" but I guess I will have to keep adjusting- 100 is too hot, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.