Baby Red Foot not pooping

Cali1123

Location (City and/or State)
Bakersfield
I’ve had my Hatchling a little under two weeks. I give him daily soaks ( twice a day for about 20 minutes each time ) I feed him 5 days a week but he doesn’t eat much, a couple chomps here and there. His humidity is good in the mid 80’s and I have a basking side that hits around 90’s and the rest of the enclosure is in the mid 80’s as well. He sleeps a lot but when I take him outside he always runs around. I’ve only seen him poop once though. I’m not sure if he’s popping in his enclosure and eating it but I never see him poop. I read he is supposed to go during his soaks but he never does.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I’ve had my Hatchling a little under two weeks. I give him daily soaks ( twice a day for about 20 minutes each time ) I feed him 5 days a week but he doesn’t eat much, a couple chomps here and there. His humidity is good in the mid 80’s and I have a basking side that hits around 90’s and the rest of the enclosure is in the mid 80’s as well. He sleeps a lot but when I take him outside he always runs around. I’ve only seen him poop once though. I’m not sure if he’s popping in his enclosure and eating it but I never see him poop. I read he is supposed to go during his soaks but he never does.
It's entirely possible he's eating it before you find it. A good long warm soak first thing in the morning might help.

rade1610

Vsetin, Czech republic
Mine baby doesn't poop a day after some protein food, but next day he eventually poops. She poops on average after 20-25 minutes of soaking, it's like if it was on the timer. ? Try one longer soak instead of two shorters and it should be ok.

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
Try feeding him in the soak... They seem to understand what goes in must come out...

Cali1123

Bakersfield
Mine baby doesn't poop a day after some protein food, but next day he eventually poops. She poops on average after 20-25 minutes of soaking, it's like if it was on the timer. ? Try one longer soak instead of two shorters and it should be ok.
Thank you, I’ll try that !