Baby red foot new home

Taylor2313

Location (City and/or State)
Edmonton Alberta
Hi everyone!
Im a new mom! I just brought our new red foot to our family. We was told that he has his egg tooth still and that he is about 6 months old. I read on here that red foot usually lose their egg tooth after 6 weeks? Any chance they are wrong about his age? He is about 2 inch now. Before I brought him home. He was active and poop well. Now hes in his new enclosure and want to sleep a lot since 24 hours and didnt eat much yesterday. I will soak him for 20 mins and try to feed him. Is the behaviours normal? Im concerned about the egg tooth. Lmk!

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Hi everyone!
Im a new mom! I just brought our new red foot to our family. We was told that he has his egg tooth still and that he is about 6 months old. I read on here that red foot usually lose their egg tooth after 6 weeks? Any chance they are wrong about his age? He is about 2 inch now. Before I brought him home. He was active and poop well. Now hes in his new enclosure and want to sleep a lot since 24 hours and didnt eat much yesterday. I will soak him for 20 mins and try to feed him. Is the behaviours normal? Im concerned about the egg tooth. Lmk!
Ihi and welcome! ts normal for a new baby to hide and not eat when first brought home. As far as the egg tooth IMO this tort is younger than 6 months old. Just continue to give it daily soaks and keep him hydrated. Hear is a care sheet to read thru. Good luck!

Taylor2313

Edmonton Alberta
Ihi and welcome! ts normal for a new baby to hide and not eat when first brought home. As far as the egg tooth IMO this tort is younger than 6 months old. Just continue to give it daily soaks and keep him hydrated. Hear is a care sheet to read thru. Good luck!
Thank you! His home are average at 80% humidity during daytime. But not at night time. Should I keep it humid all the times at 80-100%? And the temp at 80-90f all the time too? There are so many different of how to care there and there. The one you sent to me is what I follow but I want to double check again!
ok if he is younger than 6 months then ill be extra care ?

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
90 is high end. I would keep the enclosure 82-86 at all times. And humidity 80-100 all times is perfect.