Baby red foot hasn’t ate in 2 weeks!!

Raanchy

Location (City and/or State)
Fort Wayne
Hi! My baby red foot has not eaten in about 2 weeks. At first her temps were not good but I now recently got her new ceramic heat bulb and a humidifier to keep her temps steady. Temp is always now at 80°+ and humidity at 80%. She is staying hydrated all the time. I’ve only seen her take a couple of nibbles of some outside green. Sometimes her left eye seems to close up and she is not able to open it. Advice and help would be much appreciated thank you!!!!

Attachments

• 9907E0CA-1694-41FD-983C-0AD219F42706.jpeg
    9907E0CA-1694-41FD-983C-0AD219F42706.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
That looks like a compact fluorescent bulb. If it is get rid of it. They can cause eye problems. Switch it out for a tube uvb. Also humidifiers aren't really recommended or even necessary for a well setup closed chamber. If you could find a way to build a top to enclose your tank it would be much better and easier for you to maintain high humidity/temperature.

Raanchy

Fort Wayne
I won’t be using the UVB anymore until I can get her a proper light. What about her eating problem??

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I won’t be using the UVB anymore until I can get her a proper light. What about her eating problem??
You can use a regular light bulb till you get a new one. Did you recently receive this tortoise? They don't like change and sometimes it takes them a while to adjust.

Raanchy

Fort Wayne
You can use a regular light bulb till you get a new one. Did you recently receive this tortoise? They don't like change and sometimes it takes them a while to adjust.
Ive had her for about a month now. The first few weeks she would eat a lot, now she won’t eat at all

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Something isn't right then. Let's hope it's the light. Hopefully with a new light maybe your tort will perk up. Try using something enticing the next few days like mango, or banana, or even canned cat food.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Have you been soaking her, if so how often?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Ive had her for about a month now. The first few weeks she would eat a lot, now she won’t eat at all
What foods are you offering?
You said "some outside green".
Firstly, they aren't big on grazing on grass (try fruit or flowers) and second, if the tortoise does spend time outside in the sun, you probably don't need any UVB light.