• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kayti

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ashland, Oregon
The day I got my baby Leopard, 5.18.10, he weighed 47 grams. I just weighed him today, 5.31.10, and he is 60 grams even!

I'm thinking maybe he was a bit dehydrated after his trip? He drinks water everyday now, and I know that can add a bit of weight. But seriously, 13 grams in 13 days??
He's a good eater, but he doesn't eat more than 1 pellet of Mazuri a day, and never finishes his greens.

Also, this is somewhat silly but I am completely stuck on what to name him. I had decided to call him Quinby, but then I just randomly started to call him Bentley in my head, and now I can't decide which I like better. Someone choose for me so I can put a name to his file!

Here's the little stinker being sleepy:
IMG_1698.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Neither of those names is striking me for him. Maybe that's why he's hiding. Weight gain seem okay to me. Not bad names. I'm just not feeling it for HIM. Sorry, I'm no help here.

That reminds me, I've got to weigh my little hatchlings again.

mightyclyde

5 Year Member
California
Names are hard ~ what is special to me won't catch your ear at all. I'm not feeling either of the two that you've hit on, but that's not implying they aren't fitting for your little guy. Q and B names? I like simply Quinn. I Like Benny <Bennie> or Banner rather than Bentley. What about Thaddius or Theodore? Don't get me started on names ;)

danielledelynn

5 Year Member
Buffalo, NY
First of all, congrats that the little guy is gaining weight, that's great!! :)

I'm going to have to agree with Tom & Clyde. I don't think either of those names fit him, just my opinion though. He's beautiful though, whatever you decide on a name!

Kayti

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ashland, Oregon
You guys are making this so much harder!
Honestly I don't like either of those names either. I'm way better at naming girls than boys, for some reason. I was initially attracted to the name Quinby because Quinn is pretty gender neutral, if I guessed the sex wrong.

Could he be a she?

IMG_1761.jpg

IMG_1760.jpg

I have no clue.

But look at the cute!
baby1.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

So nervous :) But still unwilling to let go of lunch!
IMG_1780.jpg

Kayti

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ashland, Oregon
terracolson said:
an all white bottom..odd i have never seen that

I didn't notice that! His/her brother doesn't even have a white belly. Odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.