1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Baby Kenyan Sand Boa won't eat

Discussion in 'Snakes' started by M14, Jan 15, 2020 at 5:24 PM.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

1. M14

M14 New Member

Location (City and/or State):
    Ky
    We bought our KSB as a Christmas present on Dec 7th. I made sure to ask it's feed day and when he had last ate. I was informed Wed n it had eaten. I wasn't 2 worried when it didn't eat the 1st week new place and they can go up to 14 days without. I wasn't to worried when it didn't eat the next week looked like he was starting a shead cycle and yes it did but now there has still been no feeding. I've tried feeding in the tank n separate container wiggling, tapping dragging it along the body, braining, and cutting the pinkie in half. I'm worried since it's been so long. I was told it would eat frozen. Getting worried here.
    ZEROPILOT likes this.
  2. TechnoCheese

TechnoCheese Well-Known Member

Lewisville, Texas
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    Can we see a picture of your enclosure? What are the temperatures? How often are you attempting to feed?
  3. ZEROPILOT

ZEROPILOT Well-Known Member 5 Year Member Platinum Tortoise Club Tortoise Club

South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
    Try a live pinky or fuzzy.
    They usually can't resist live babies.....And that's the reason I no longer keep snakes.
    Also, a healthy snake can go a long time without food as long as he stays hydrated.
    mark1 likes this.
  4. M14

M14 New Member

Ky
    I thaw out the pinkie then put it in real hot water 4 a few min. try feeding or leaving it alone with it then i put it in the fridge n try again the next day if still no result I throw it away try again the next week. I also read 2 take water away 4 a few days b4 feeding that didn't work either. I keep the warm side bottom heat pad it stays between 80 - 90 I sometimes turn on the heat light its a day(white) or night(red) light. I have shreaded newspaper when I got the tank from a previous snake owner it had pine chips but I've read there not good 4 snakes so I cleaned it out n replaced it.