Baby Hermann's Tortoise Feeding

Mia&Felicity

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Uk
Hi everyone, I have had a baby tortoise for about 6 months (it is 18 months old). I feed her/him/it (Felicity ) once a day with a salad mix from the local supermarket. It has Green Batavia, Wild Rocket, Baby Spinach and Red Cos. I give her quite alot (5 to 10 size ranging leaves). Some times I give her another mix. I always sprinkle calcium powder on her food; is there anything I am doing wrong, or need to change?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Mia, and Welcome!! I've moved your thread over to the Hermanni section hoping those with Hermanns experience will see it and give you some help.

(I would only use a small pinch of calcium powder two or three times a week)

chemprentice

5 Year Member
Southern California (OC)
Hi everyone, I have had a baby tortoise for about 6 months (it is 18 months old). I feed her/him/it (Felicity ) once a day with a salad mix from the local supermarket. It has Green Batavia, Wild Rocket, Baby Spinach and Red Cos. I give her quite alot (5 to 10 size ranging leaves). Some times I give her another mix. I always sprinkle calcium powder on her food; is there anything I am doing wrong, or need to change?

If you could, try to also incorporate weeds into its diet. Dandelion, sow thistle, hawkbit, catsear, mallow, geranium, chickweed, and filaree are what I feed my greek tort.

Mia&Felicity

5 Year Member
Uk
Thank you, trickspiration and Yvonne G. I Have been thinking about adding weeds to her diet, but when I look for them outside there isn't any. I think I will get a greenhouse or look elsewhere. I will also low her calcium intake. (I have a calcium supplement that has 2:1 calcium to phosphorus. I bought a new one that has 40:1 calcium to phosphorus. Is the new one better for her?):)