Baby Hermann Tortoise Poop

GeorgeTheTort_14

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Hi! So over time my hermanns tortoise has had around solid loggish poop brown, as of late it has started to turn a little greenish , and now as of late there’s no shape at all to it. It’s just kinda like a blob I guess you can say and it quite green, how can I fix this?

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
First, Welcome! Second, you mention poop, but don't include photos? Poop tells its own tail! Also what diet are you feeding, that helps unlock the mystery of the poop!

GeorgeTheTort_14

Texas
First, Welcome! Second, you mention poop, but don't include photos? Poop tells its own tail! Also what diet are you feeding, that helps unlock the mystery of the poop!
Dang! Forgot about that already got rid of it, but George gets Romaine, Collard greens, and a little bit of pieces of Red and green bell peppers, sometimes prickly pears, maybe 1 time a week Aloe Vera, and then every Tuesday and Friday he gets his Calcium Powder added onto his food

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
THis was posted by Yvonne G. I have a Russian and a Leopard Tortoise. The Tortoise Table recommends feeding the Aloe sparingly so that may be your culprit it has laxative effect. I would add opuntia cactus pads-to despine just heat with a torch for a second- in place of the Aloe. Should be plenty of cactus in Texas. The weeds are the best really-high in fiber and low in cost (free). Hope this helps

1596316240020.png

GeorgeTheTort_14

Texas
THis was posted by Yvonne G. I have a Russian and a Leopard Tortoise. The Tortoise Table recommends feeding the Aloe sparingly so that may be your culprit it has laxative effect. I would add opuntia cactus pads-to despine just heat with a torch for a second- in place of the Aloe. Should be plenty of cactus in Texas. The weeds are the best really-high in fiber and low in cost (free). Hope this helps

View attachment 301939
Would you by any chance know of some stores with the cactus pads? I can never seem to find any,