Baby doing fine... but still some puffiness around those back legs?

Chizbad

Location (City and/or State)
Wilmington, NC
I made a post a while back about my little one having some “puffiness”... well since then my little one has been nothing but active while almost doubling in size. There is no reason to believe anything is wrong what-so-ever, however, there is still this little puffiness when he tucks his back legs in that I’m not so sure is normal. Any thoughts? IMG_1512666054.618098.jpg

Bambam1989

East Texas
I made a post a while back about my little one having some “puffiness”... well since then my little one has been nothing but active while almost doubling in size. There is no reason to believe anything is wrong what-so-ever, however, there is still this little puffiness when he tucks his back legs in that I’m not so sure is normal. Any thoughts? View attachment 224584
I think that is just his skin getting scrunched. I am not an expert so I suggest getting second opinions

Chizbad

Wilmington, NC
I think that is just his skin getting scrunched. I am not an expert so I suggest getting second opinions

I was assuming this, but passed experiences with a vet have told me that it was from some sort of RI/pneumonia problem... passed experiences with a vet have also shown me they have no clue :/. granted the torts being looked at during that time were sick and this one definitely does not seem sick at all.

Raremar

New York
It’s a female and that looks like bloat. Bloat can be caused by sucking air or undigested foods. Check your heat lamp, all lamps should be off at night. Sulcatas should never get below 50. Raremar

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
It’s a female and that looks like bloat. Bloat can be caused by sucking air or undigested foods. Check your heat lamp, all lamps should be off at night. Sulcatas should never get below 50. Raremar

It’s too young to tell the gender of, and a sulcata should never be below 80. Please read the stickies at the top of the sulcata section :)