Baby Bears In My Yard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATMAN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
Recently we had a visit of a Momma bear and her three cubs. I just happened to be outside working on the side of the house when they came down. I didn't even realize they were out there until I came back in through my front door and spotted them out the kitchen window. They were at my deer feeder.

Bears3.jpg

Here is one of the cubs checking out my squirrel feeder. They soon all climbed up into the tree.
Bear4.jpg

Here's Momma and baby sharing my sunflower seeds!
Bears5.jpg

Here's Mom trying to reach another feeder that was too high for her. To the right is a empty tortoise pen. There were times in the past last year, where I had Greek tortoises in there and the bears never bothered them at night, but just ate the sunflower seeds.
BEAR6.jpg

Mom surprised me when she jumped on top of my deer feeder to lick up seeds I had put out for the birds.
Bear1.jpg

The bear visit was for 40 minutes and my wife and I took some great pictures and video. This was the third time we have seen them and oddly enough it is always on a Friday evening. We haven't seen them since.

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI
OH my GOODNESS! I'm glad I wasnt there. Great pics but one of my worst fears is being attacked by a momma bear protecting her babies...
They really are beautiful....this side of the pic ..lol

c_pierce705

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Madcity, WI
Honestly, that would scare the crap out of me!!! LOL. But I love lookin at the pics! Very cute!

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Those are some really great shots. I would love to be able to see something like that in my back yard. We have tons of deer and turkey, but just moved in so we really havent seen much yet. Im sure we will though. We live on 80 acres, mostly wooded.

Rees2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Santa Cruz California
Wow I've seen black bears in Yellowstone before but I stayed FAR away from them.

PATMAN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Although all the bears I have come across in my yard are timid and run away when they see me, I always am cautious and treat them with respect.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
great photos! that's pretty cool to have that much wildlife going through your yard. good think you are safe about it

Z

zeezombiedoll

It must be really nice to see things like that happening, they are really good photos :)

barbie69

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
WOW!! That is really cool!! Those are some neat pictures. Maybe they will come back tonight:cool:.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I keep coming back and looking at your pictures. I just spent time recently with my husband in the semi and kept looking for bears...lol. We don't have them here and they are on my list of "want to see in the wild". :( still haven't saw any....yet!

PATMAN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Jacqui said:
I keep coming back and looking at your pictures. I just spent time recently with my husband in the semi and kept looking for bears...lol. We don't have them here and they are on my list of "want to see in the wild". :( still haven't saw any....yet!

I had only seen a black bear once before. That all changed once we moved here out in the Pennsylvania country. My wife and I didn't know we had bears until she went to walk the dog in the yard one night and opened the door and found this guy sitting at the bird feeder below! She promptly shut the door and started yelling BEAR! That was 5 years ago and the one thing I've been hoping to see all these years was a baby bear. I was more than lucky when three showed up in the yard this year.

Here's a picture of the first bear we ever saw in our yard 5 years ago.
Bearraidingbirdfeeder-Nov.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
PA was one of the states I was on the look out for them...lol.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.