Babies

Rllawson777

Location (City and/or State)
Glen Allen va
And I only keep them together while there small you haven’t never watched camp Kenan he’s huge tortoise breeding watch his video and see his hatchlings are all in one box

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
And I only keep them together while there small you haven’t never watched camp Kenan he’s huge tortoise breeding watch his video and see his hatchlings are all in one box
Kamp Kenan does it wrong. That is a terrible place to get advice.

Mixing species is a recipe for disaster. You will eventually learn this the hard way if you refuse to listen to us.

You are also feeding the wrong foods. Read this for the correct care info:

Rllawson777

Glen Allen va

Mixing species is a recipe for disaster. You will eventually learn this the hard way if you refuse to listen to us.

https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/t...cata-leopard-or-star-tortoise.181504/[/QUOTE]
i literally have like 5 things from that food list in there cage I have kale and there’s some flowers mixed in some alfalfa hay some tortoise diet and cucumber
-a-sulcata-leopard-or-star-tortoise.181504/[/URL]

Rllawson777

Glen Allen va

I have read all this I’ve never posted but I’ve been reading stuff on this site for a few years now and books lots of books that’s the only thing I don’t take the advice on is how a house them when there little but I appreciate your help

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What kind of tortoises do you have ??
The books are wrong. I read all of them and still have a whole bookshelf of them. For decades there has been this mass culture of the wrong info that was based on incorrect assumptions of how they live in the wild. It didn't work, and a bunch of us figured out what DOES work. That is what we are sharing here. I use to mix species too. Everyone thinks its fine right up until the day they realize that it isn't fine. You'll get there.

I have platynota, Sudan Sulcatas, South African Leopards, radiata, and a few other odds and ends. Over the last 30+ years I've kept most of the more common species at one time or another.

Rllawson777

Glen Allen va
The books are wrong. I read all of them and still have a whole bookshelf of them. For decades there has been this mass culture of the wrong info that was based on incorrect assumptions of how they live in the wild. It didn't work, and a bunch of us figured out what DOES work. That is what we are sharing here. I use to mix species too. Everyone thinks its fine right up until the day they realize that it isn't fine. You'll get there.

I have platynota, Sudan Sulcatas, South African Leopards, radiata, and a few other odds and ends. Over the last 30+ years I've kept most of the more common species at one time or another.
I tried the dried stuff from the k farms place and I couldn’t get them to eat it I haven’t had the ivory long being is why he’s in there but I have something else I planned on moving him to when he gets bigger I’ve always loved turtles and I got into tortoises a few years ago and I love the hooby I want to breed one day

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I tried the dried stuff from the k farms place and I couldn’t get them to eat it I haven’t had the ivory long being is why he’s in there but I have something else I planned on moving him to when he gets bigger I’ve always loved turtles and I got into tortoises a few years ago and I love the hooby I want to breed one day
The dried stuff from Kapidolo farms isn't meant to be a meal. Its meant to be mixed in with other foods. They can't help eating it because its stuck to their food. Start with just a little at first and add more in time. After a while, they get used to it and really like it.

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Pittsboro, NC

I mean look at how many accidents he has with his animals. Escapes, accidental deaths, husbandry issues...

Drives me nuts

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
And who told you that ? I’ve always done it that way never had any problems I know lots of other people who do also
Hi...just because others do it...does NOT make it right. Each species has it's own microorganisms that they carry and could make the other species or dead. We have discovered that over the years. It's a major no no and very dangerous to the other species. Please seperate them right away before the get sick.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
If you want to become a breeder...you should research your chosen species... from what I've seen the only thing you have right is the substrate. Bullying is a big issue with you as well. Babies do bully and the will bully one tort to his demise. Tortoises are solitary animals, yet you have 3 in a small tank.You say you've been reading here for a number of years...but yet you smart off to one of our most expert and vocal breeders/keepers. That was funny. If this comes to fruition you'll need to stop with the defensiveness and aggression as you'll actually become a businessman. But for now you are you and gonna be...?

Nash

5 Year Member
S. New Mexico
It's this simple. This group has yours and your tortoises' best interests at heart. Please listen to them. You won't be disappointed. I know, they helped me with mine along with so many other tortoise parents. We've all come back and thanked them. I think you will too.

queen koopa

Las Vegas Nevada

Kamp was my initial source of info as well. Has a cool property, had large Sulcatas, and he’s kinda hot ?. As I read more and discovered this forum I did not need to look to him for examples anymore. But as said below Kamp has a bunch of problems ranging from sick animals, small enclosures, escapees, and now he is downsizing his collection. Again his property is pretty cool and I think he is looking into having something open to the public.