Aspiring tortoise owner

strangepuppy

Location (City and/or State)
Philadelphia
Hi, I’m Lola and I live in Philadelphia. I’ve had many pets over the years and would like to have a Hermann’s Tortoise for the first time. I found this wonderful forum while I was doing research on the breed and its needs and thought I’d join in on the fun and informative discussions.

I’ve done quite a bit of research on Hermann’s tortoise’s needs and set up but I’m struggling with finding a good Hermann’s Tortoise breeder around Philadelphia. Do any of you know of one? If not, do you know of a good website I can purchase one from? I’ve read that tortoisesupply is a great website but I want to make sure I start my adventure as a tortoise mom right by getting it from a reputable breeder/site.

I look forward to talking to and learning from you! I will appreciate any advice or stories from you guys.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Lola and welcome! I second Chris at hermannihaven.com

Another good breeder is Gary Bright - @GBtortoises

strangepuppy

Philadelphia
Thank you Maro and Yvonne! I just finished reading Chris’ article about Hermann’s tortoises and I definitely think he’d be a great breeder to contact.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Shipping with Fedex and Ship Your Reptiles means a strong and healthy baby get to you safely and often very quickly- delays do happen. Wish you the best of luck and remember "Torting ain't easy"