ASAP advice please

S2G

Location (City and/or State)
AL
I get the Arcadia 12% HO tubes in a reflector hood from Lightyourreptiles.com. They are very strong so its best to use a meter to gt the mounting height correct, but usually somewhere around 18-20 inches will do it. I only run the UV bulbs for 1-3 hours mid day. That's all they need. I run the basking bulbs and ambient light for 12-13 hours, and any ambient heat is on a thermostat.

That's exactly what I'm looking for. I'm assuming ambient can just be some full spec leds like you would use on a fish tank.

S2G

Location (City and/or State)
AL
Its definitely a crazy outgoing little thing. Best I could get together in a few afternoons. Uses every inch of the box.

Attachments

• 20210223_220436.jpg
    20210223_220436.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 47
  • 20210223_225649.jpg
    20210223_225649.jpg
    436.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 20210223_225627.jpg
    20210223_225627.jpg
    997.3 KB · Views: 46

maureen allenza

5 Year Member
That is a fantastic looking tortoise. What a lucky find!

Here is all the current and correct care info. Most of the info you find on tortoise care is all wrong.

Welcome to the forum and please feel free to ask lots of questions.
So I go to my fish store today to get some food & on my way out I see some people trying to release what I thought was a turtle. Well after a closer look it's a female hermann's tortoise I believe. Petco wasnt very knowledgeable, but they gave me a box with some dirt.

What size basking bulb do I need to grab & i think they need uv? Sorry I usually have a chance to have everything ready.

I keep all kinds of saltwater fish & fresh. I've also kept dart frogs so I'm not a total newbie, but this is my first reptile. I have a big tub I can use until tomorrow then I can build a box for her. Just need help until I can research more tonight & tomorrow. Thanks

View attachment 319012View attachment 319013

maureen allenza

5 Year Member
So I go to my fish store today to get some food & on my way out I see some people trying to release what I thought was a turtle. Well after a closer look it's a female hermann's tortoise I believe. Petco wasnt very knowledgeable, but they gave me a box with some dirt.

What size basking bulb do I need to grab & i think they need uv? Sorry I usually have a chance to have everything ready.

I keep all kinds of saltwater fish & fresh. I've also kept dart frogs so I'm not a total newbie, but this is my first reptile. I have a big tub I can use until tomorrow then I can build a box for her. Just need help until I can research more tonight & tomorrow. Thanks

View attachment 319012View attachment 319013
Wow! What a cutie! Good luck to the little one and you! Thank you for giving her/him a home!