As we approach our first winter with Speedy, I would appreciate some feedback on his growth!

darrinm3

Here are some pictures from about 2 months back, I can't find my first ones.
Speedy.jpg Speedy2.jpg

Here are the new ones:
1122171212.jpg 1122171212a.jpg 1122171212b.jpg 1122171213.jpg

I'm just curious as to if he's growing properly. His shell doesn't feel like it's pyramiding. Is it supposed to flatten out a bit around the back of it? That's the only thing that's noticeably different.

He's being fed baby spring mix, spinach, dandelion greens, mustard greens (until my damn cat ate the plant), the occasional clover, as well as some turtle pellets from the breeder.

He's got himself a 36"x18", two level table. I built a misting system into it, he's got a basking area around 85 degrees, a small hide up there around the same temp, a cooler side of around 73, and a giant hide that's pretty cool (can't get the thermometer in there) but he loves to sleep in it.

Any feedback or help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Here are some pictures from about 2 months back, I can't find my first ones.
View attachment 223504 View attachment 223505

Here are the new ones:
View attachment 223506 View attachment 223507 View attachment 223508 View attachment 223509

I'm just curious as to if he's growing properly. His shell doesn't feel like it's pyramiding. Is it supposed to flatten out a bit around the back of it? That's the only thing that's noticeably different.

He's being fed baby spring mix, spinach, dandelion greens, mustard greens (until my damn cat ate the plant), the occasional clover, as well as some turtle pellets from the breeder.

He's got himself a 36"x18", two level table. I built a misting system into it, he's got a basking area around 85 degrees, a small hide up there around the same temp, a cooler side of around 73, and a giant hide that's pretty cool (can't get the thermometer in there) but he loves to sleep in it.

Any feedback or help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

He look good! :)
I keep the basking spot for my Hermann’s at 95* because that’s what I read was recommended.
Sounds like you’re doing a lot of things right! :)