NC
Picture252.jpg

Picture251.jpg

Picture253.jpg

Picture256.jpg

Picture258.jpg

That's a nickel for size comparison, it's a pretty good sized baby lol
Picture260.jpg

not the best pic, but you get an idea of the length of this little brave guy.

Faery

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alaska
that's a beautiful baby, congrats!

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
^.^ thanks! I think snakes are just adorable, I don't know what it is, but they will always hold a special place in my fuzzy little heart.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I have to admit, seeing this title on the forum home page made me mentally say, "What? Rats hatching?". Then I got over here and saw it was a snake section thread. :D Duh! :D

Very nice looker. Is this your first clutch from these adults?

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
I don't have the adults, actually these were a happy accident, while I was out on a walk I saw the mom coming up from her nest, she was covered in ants and I knew she had just laid. My fiance and I got her up and brushed off all the red ants and let her go just a few feet away in a field. Dug up the eggs before the ants got them and brought them home to incubate. Coincidentally I just stopped breeding snow and creamsicle corn snakes last year lol. I may keep one, but the rest will go free, there's a lot of farm land out here and I don't want to take from the snake population. Farm = lots of mice. Now if people would just stop killing every snake they see, they immediately think "copperhead copperhead!" They don't know young black rat snakes are lighter and have more pattern than the adults they are used to seeing.

They're still coming out and I just got peed on lol

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Jacqui said:
I have to admit, seeing this title on the forum home page made me mentally say, "What? Rats hatching?". Then I got over here and saw it was a snake section thread. :D Duh! :D

Very nice looker. Is this your first clutch from these adults?

haha I thought the exact same thing!! :D

They are beautiful babies :)

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Jealous! :) I love black rats. I've been drooling over White-Sideds for years, just never bitten the bullet and actually gotten one. That baby is SO cute! Congrats on the successful incubation, and thanks for sharing the pics!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.