Arizona Tortoise Compound

Snorkelshark

Location (City and/or State)
NC
Has anyone done business with Andrew at Arizona tortoise compound?

I spoke with him and he seemed knowledgeable and kind.

Just wanted to ask the experts as well (because my last purchase came from a place that seemed great but I later heard compleeely otherwise, and experienced otherwise as well)

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ

Just wanted to ask the experts as well (because my last purchase came from a place that seemed great but I later heard compleeely otherwise, and experienced otherwise as well)
I've purchased both live tortoises and tortoise seed mixes from him. Great experiences, my hatchling tortoise is growing nicely with no issues, and I will purchase from him again in the future.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Ask him how he raises his babies and where he gets them.

Are they mostly indoors in warm humid enclosures? Or are they outside all day?
Are the hatchlings soaked daily?
Are the babies started in brooder boxes, or left in the incubators while they absorb their yolk sacs?
When he gets babies from other breeders, how are this breeders starting them?

Snorkelshark

NC
Ask him how he raises his babies and where he gets them.

Are they mostly indoors in warm humid enclosures? Or are they outside all day?
Are the hatchlings soaked daily?
Are the babies started in brooder boxes, or left in the incubators while they absorb their yolk sacs?
When he gets babies from other breeders, how are this breeders starting them?

Thanks Tom! Bob Blome called me today, turns out Andrew gets his babies from Bob. Small world I guess.

Az tortoise compound

5 Year Member
Arizona
We are also a member here on TFO. If you scroll through this vendor review, you will see many good reviews and one bad one where we accidentally sent a box turtle missing a leg....

Talking about Bob Blome, yes we do get Sudanese hatchlings from him each year to offer within the states, as he exports all of his normally...
People appreciate the opportunity to get this bloodline...

Here at ATC we breed and maintain close to 40 different species,sub species or locales of tortoises.
Some species we produce larger volumes then others. From time to time, we do help other local breeders and offer there offspring
when we are able to. ( providing we do not have any of ours available and have people wanting us to help them get what they are looking for.
We have built a solid business over the past 10 years based on offering healthy tortoises at reasonable prices. Bottom line, is we treat others how we would want to be treated. A.T.C. is our only business and sole passion. We are dedicated to our tortoises and they come first over everything in our lives. We do not have a public store front and do not normally allow people to come visit. With that being said, each year when TTPG happens here in AZ we open our gates for TTPG members to come visit. In the next week we will be having over 60 people tour our property. We have a Tortoise Building dedicated for certain species that need to live indoors year round and is also used for winter housing for certain species.

Our actual adult breeding groups of tortoises that we maintain on our property is as follows..... we strive to only offer species of tortoises that we personally maintain. For example, we do not own Galapagos Tortoises, so we do not offer them on our site...

Tortoises -
Sulcata Tortoises - Normals, Ivories, Albinos, Sudanese
Leopard Tortoises- Pardalis Pardalis and Pardalis Babcocki
Hermanns Tortoises- Eastern, Westerns and Dalmations. - we only work with Sardinia local of Westerns...
Marginated Tortoises
Chaco Tortoises
Mountain Tortoises - Manouria emys emys and M. e. phayrei
Aldabra Tortoises
Redfoot Tortoises
Yellowfoot Tortoises
Forstens Tortoises
Cherryhead Redfoots
Elongated Tortoises
Star Tortoises - Indian, Sri Lankan and Burmese
Russian Tortoises
Greek Tortoises - Ibera, Terrestris Libyan, Buxtoni, Moroccan
Angulated Tortoises
Hingeback Tortoises - Homes, Spekes, Western Bells
Impressed Tortoises.
Egyptian Tortoises
Spider Tortoises - P.a.a. , P.a.b.
Pancake Tortoises
Radiated Tortoises
Sonoran Desert Tortoises

Turtles -
Box Turtles- Florida, Eastern, Three Toed, Gulf Coast, Coahuila, Yucatan
Splengeri
Colombian Wood Turtles

Snorkelshark

NC
We are also a member here on TFO. If you scroll through this vendor review, you will see many good reviews and one bad one where we accidentally sent a box turtle missing a leg....

Talking about Bob Blome, yes we do get Sudanese hatchlings from him each year to offer within the states, as he exports all of his normally...
People appreciate the opportunity to get this bloodline...

Here at ATC we breed and maintain close to 40 different species,sub species or locales of tortoises.
Some species we produce larger volumes then others. From time to time, we do help other local breeders and offer there offspring
when we are able to. ( providing we do not have any of ours available and have people wanting us to help them get what they are looking for.
We have built a solid business over the past 10 years based on offering healthy tortoises at reasonable prices. Bottom line, is we treat others how we would want to be treated. A.T.C. is our only business and sole passion. We are dedicated to our tortoises and they come first over everything in our lives. We do not have a public store front and do not normally allow people to come visit. With that being said, each year when TTPG happens here in AZ we open our gates for TTPG members to come visit. In the next week we will be having over 60 people tour our property. We have a Tortoise Building dedicated for certain species that need to live indoors year round and is also used for winter housing for certain species.

Our actual adult breeding groups of tortoises that we maintain on our property is as follows..... we strive to only offer species of tortoises that we personally maintain. For example, we do not own Galapagos Tortoises, so we do not offer them on our site...

Tortoises -
Sulcata Tortoises - Normals, Ivories, Albinos, Sudanese
Leopard Tortoises- Pardalis Pardalis and Pardalis Babcocki
Hermanns Tortoises- Eastern, Westerns and Dalmations. - we only work with Sardinia local of Westerns...
Marginated Tortoises
Chaco Tortoises
Mountain Tortoises - Manouria emys emys and M. e. phayrei
Aldabra Tortoises
Redfoot Tortoises
Yellowfoot Tortoises
Forstens Tortoises
Cherryhead Redfoots
Elongated Tortoises
Star Tortoises - Indian, Sri Lankan and Burmese
Russian Tortoises
Greek Tortoises - Ibera, Terrestris Libyan, Buxtoni, Moroccan
Angulated Tortoises
Hingeback Tortoises - Homes, Spekes, Western Bells
Impressed Tortoises.
Egyptian Tortoises
Spider Tortoises - P.a.a. , P.a.b.
Pancake Tortoises
Radiated Tortoises
Sonoran Desert Tortoises

Turtles -
Box Turtles- Florida, Eastern, Three Toed, Gulf Coast, Coahuila, Yucatan
Splengeri
Colombian Wood Turtles

How do you start your babies?

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal

Ignore the naysayers...most have an axe to grind or are too holier-than-thou to admit Andy's superior care and honesty in ALL his business dealings! If you've spoken with him (and it seems you have) you should have no difficulty at all determining his (near) flawless character!

Snorkelshark

NC
Ignore the naysayers...most have an axe to grind or are too holier-than-thou to admit Andy's superior care and honesty in ALL his business dealings! If you've spoken with him (and it seems you have) you should have no difficulty at all determining his (near) flawless character!
Yes sir. After speaking with Bob and Andrew, I’m confident in my choice. Bob spoke very highly of both you and Andrew.

deboer

US
I bought two Dalmatians from him in July. He took pictures and sent me the ones I requested. Both are healthy and thriving until now.

Skye.walker

Mentor,Ohio
I bought my sulcata hatchling from A.T.C and it was honestly an all around great experience. Emailed them on a weekend and got a reply right back. Answered all 1000 questions I had. Was very knowledgeable and wasn’t trying to scam for more. Not to mention prices are more then fair. Checkout was simple and AZ to OH mailed in well under 24 hours. Came Wrapped in care. Had a heat pack and boxed very well. Had three inches of snow at the time, by the way. The hatchling is beautiful and perfect in everyway. You really can see all the pride they put into there work. I will go threw them again without a doubt.

WolfandTort

North Carolina
Thank you for this post and all the great comments I have been contacting ATC and will be making a purchase soon from them. Seeing all these good messages sets it in stone soon a new family member will be here so thank you all!

ArmadilloPup

NE Oklahoma
Bumping an old thread to give a current review.

I bought a marginated hatchling from AZ Tortoise Compound and it's thriving. Even after a delay by Fed-ex, it was bright-eyed and active. Its internal clock is perfect, it immediately learned to wake up at 6 am every morning for breakfast and then sometimes comes out for a bit in the evening for some extra leaves when I'm home from work.

Perfect scutes too, so the pressure is on to raise it right because it will be a gorgeous animal!