Arizona bush?? Can you identify

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

byerssusan

We have a lot of these here, so wondering if anyone knows what kind it is and if it's safe for sulcatas

Attachments

• 102_4570.JPG
    102_4570.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
  • 102_4571.JPG
    102_4571.JPG
    673.2 KB · Views: 39

redbeef

5 Year Member
maybe creosote bush, Larrea tridentata...have you ever seen it bloom? Flowers would help in any ID.

don't know whether it's OK for torts to eat...if you look on wikipedia it says there are some concerns on the part of the USDA re:liver and kidney damage from using it as a herbal tea type supplement...so if it is creosote bush, you may want to think twice before putting it in your morning coffee ;)

B

byerssusan

Well if I remember right the bigger ones around here bloom a yellow flower. I'm gonna have to go down the road where I believe I have seen them bloom before and seeif it's the same bush. I was just wandering because when I do put Phoenix out side..which will be awhile but want to pre-plan as much as possible as to what I can put into the enlosure and what not. Because this is a native bush I now it grows well here so thought it would be a good one if it's not dangerous. Thank you for trying to help me. I will try and get a picture of a full grown one and let you see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.