Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I didn't read it all, but most of those animals listed are already restricted in the State of Calif. And it is already illegal to have a desert tortoise unless you register it. I didn't read through to the end to see if you could get a permit in Arizona.

thelma humpert

5 Year Member
Please keep me posted!! I have deserts, my brother gave them to me. He has since passed way,

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Thelma:

I don't know the regulations for keeping desert tortoises in Arizona, where you live, but I'm sure that if this law passes, you will be able to keep your tortoises under the "grandfather" clause. That's what happened here in California when our law passed saying it is illegal to take tortoises from the desert. We were able to keep our tortoises, and we had to apply for a permit from the state department of fish and game.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
If I am reading this correctly the possession of cattle, sheep, and goats is illegal as well as dogs, cats, and even chickens. Oddly enough you can possess a rhinocerus or tapir and any of the cameloid group. This looks like many of the laws drafted by ignorant (of animallife) lawmakers.

alfiethetortoise

10 Year Member!
England
Everone should go and get a Rhino, maybe with everyone keeping Rhinoceri they would ease up a bit?! I do believe that the Malayan Tapir is supposed to be very friendly if it has been 'captive'

moswen

5 Year Member
over-zealous "do gooders" that get paid too much to think too little. gotta come up with something to make it look like you've been working!

that may be a little bit harsh, but that's my honest opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.