Are young female Hermann Torts as likely to ram your hand as males?

Humbug & Maz

Location (City and/or State)
Chesterfield UK
So earlier this evening I went to replace the water bowl in my (almost) 2 year old Hermann's enclosure. "She" has been with me just over a month now and is very friendly, eats from my hand, comes over to me when I put food down on the slate, enjoys a tickle under the chin. But just now when I put the bowl back down she or he rammed my hand 2 or 3 times quite forcibly. Does this mean my tort is likely to be male or can females be just as territorial at such a young age? He or she is happy and healthy but it really surprised me! After that Humbug came and climbed on my hand again when I offered it but it rather intrigued me as to whether "she" might be more likely a "he"!

Humbug & Maz

Chesterfield UK
I might add I was wearing a rubber glove when I did this and usually I have bare hands when changing the water

Humbug & Maz

Chesterfield UK
Wondered if anyone else had any advice here as my little one did the same thing yesterday with no gloves on and then yet again climbed on my hand having realised it was a friendly place :) Just got a feeling my tort is a he not a she :)

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Wondered if anyone else had any advice here as my little one did the same thing yesterday with no gloves on and then yet again climbed on my hand having realised it was a friendly place :) Just got a feeling my tort is a he not a she :)
Females can also be territorial. Ramming is telling you to get out of my space

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
just stay out of Maggies space... or its gonna be a lot worse an outcome than a ram lol