Are theses Safe Succulents? Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortilla1989

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago
This is a list of the Succulents I just bought and the names are really strange, need to know if they are safe to plant inside my Tortoise Enclosure.

-Sedum 'rubrotinctum'
-Graptoveria 'Titubans' **
-Graptopetalum paraguayense 'Ghosty" **
-Graptosedum 'California Sunset'
-Crassula perforata variegata
-Euphorbia tirucalli 'Firesticks'
-Kalanchoe millotii
-Echeveria 'Lola'**
(** Posted in the picture)
Anything will help! Thank you!!!

_Tortilla_

Attachments

• IMG_2484.jpg
    IMG_2484.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 92

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What you have posted in the picture is fine to plant in a habitat. I doubt your tortoise would even try to taste them.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Yup those are fine. My Russians would gobble those up in short order.

rhondak

10 Year Member!
Ohio
I recently saw Home Depot had little 2" pots of plants like those and aloe. Do I need to do anything to them before I put them into my RTs enclsure? I thought of getting an aloe, hen & chick and maybe a third one.

Tortilla1989

5 Year Member
Chicago
rhondak said:
I recently saw Home Depot had little 2" pots of plants like those and aloe. Do I need to do anything to them before I put them into my RTs enclsure? I thought of getting an aloe, hen & chick and maybe a third one.

I just tried to remove all the dirt from the roots because they used soil with the little white fertilizer in it just to be safe. I got all my succulents from Home Depot, if you get a aloe plant, save some and plant in a separate poor they will grow like weeds and you will always have some, my tortoise LOVES to chomp down my aloe plants I plant in her enclosure.
Thanks everyone for help!!!

_Tortilla_

rhondak

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Tortilla1989 said:
I just tried to remove all the dirt from the roots because they used soil with the little white fertilizer in it just to be safe. I got all my succulents from Home Depot, if you get a aloe plant, save some and plant in a separate poor they will grow like weeds and you will always have some, my tortoise LOVES to chomp down my aloe plants I plant in her enclosure.
Thanks everyone for help!!!

_Tortilla_

Thanks! Will it hurt him if he eats the aloe plant that grew in the soil that had the little white fertilizer pieces?

Status
Not open for further replies.