Are these redfoots?

SaltLakeReptiles

tempImageForSave.jpg tempImageForSave.jpg tempImageForSave.jpg Hi, I was wondering if this pair of tortoises are redfoots? I was unsure of the male, because it looks like he has 2 prefrontal scales. I know that yellowfoots have 2 prefrontal scales and redfoots 1. Are there any locales of redfoots that have heads like this one, that appears to have a more visible 2 prefrontals?

Also, if these are redfoots then what locale would you guys say they are?

Thanks.
Please help if you know, because I'm unsure.

I'll post a few pics and note that the male is the smaller of the two.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
View attachment 208605 View attachment 208604 View attachment 208606 Hi, I was wondering if this pair of tortoises are redfoots? I was unsure of the male, because it looks like he has 2 prefrontal scales. I know that yellowfoots have 2 prefrontal scales and redfoots 1. Are there any locales of redfoots that have heads like this one, that appears to have a more visible 2 prefrontals?

Also, if these are redfoots then what locale would you guys say they are?

Thanks.
Please help if you know, because I'm unsure.

I'll post a few pics and note that the male is the smaller of the two.
Both redfoots. Yellowfoot prefrontal scales run right to the tip of the nose, your male has two parallel scales then a single prefrontal scale.

MysticCaribou

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sweet Home Chicago
Yes they are RF. Member Zeropilot owns RF. His post is before yours.

I own redfoots too. You asked opinion - I gave it. If you only wanted one response you should have closed the post after you received the one you wanted to hear.

SaltLakeReptiles

Both redfoots. Yellowfoot prefrontal scales run right to the tip of the nose, your male has two parallel scales then a single prefrontal scale.
Thank you very much for replying! Do you have any guess what locales these may be also?