Are these little bumps normal?

Joseph Flores

Location (City and/or State)
MERCEDES, TX
Are these little bumps normal on my leopard? He also has an orange spot on his neck but I believe that’s just from his hibiscus flower and the orange dye from the pollen can’t come off east on his skin. I noticed the orange dye on his food bowl too but just wondering if these spots are normal.

1B82500F-946C-4187-809B-C57D051212B2.jpeg48740BE8-CC74-485A-8CC0-D03802988F90.jpeg

Falcon70

10 Year Member!
North Carolina
I wouldn't be concerned right now. Like other reptiles, tortoises shed, just in a different way than snakes and lizards because of their shell. Pieces come off bit-by-bit. Might be some retained shed, or pieces getting ready to fall off. You can try increasing to daily soakings for the next week or so to help that process. I'd probably leave it alone, but after soakings, you could try gently rubbing them with a q-tip (avoid aggravating the area though). Could also just be natural bumps on his skin (kind of like skin tags).

But just like with people/dogs/cats, if you notice them growing or becoming irregular in shape or color, I'd recommend seeing a trusted vet.

Joseph Flores

MERCEDES, TX
I wouldn't be concerned right now. Like other reptiles, tortoises shed, just in a different way than snakes and lizards because of their shell. Pieces come off bit-by-bit. Might be some retained shed, or pieces getting ready to fall off. You can try increasing to daily soakings for the next week or so to help that process. I'd probably leave it alone, but after soakings, you could try gently rubbing them with a q-tip (avoid aggravating the area though). Could also just be natural bumps on his skin (kind of like skin tags).

But just like with people/dogs/cats, if you notice them growing or becoming irregular in shape or color, I'd recommend seeing a trusted vet.
Thank you very much!