Arcadia deep heat projector

johnreuk

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hampshire, England, UK
Just been reading this post. I swapped from using halogen basking lights, to the DHP, approx 1yr ago when I upgraded my torts vivs. My Indian Star and Radiated tortoises seem to bask well under the DHP, but it is immediately next to a UV flood, so the area is light and heat rich. I like the DHP, a lot, as a source of basking heat, when paired with a source of high visible light. I do also have T5 UV tubes in the vivs for ambient light. I may play around with the lighting a little more.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
I have a few DHP, use them for my leopard geckos and they do great for them. I use to use ceramic heaters for them and found they sat under the heat source all night. With the DHP they lay for a small amount of time and active all night. They seem to like it better just by observation. As far as heat output its not nearly as much as a ceramic and idk how well it would work with turtles and tortoises. I keep mine locked at 91-92 for my geckos, idk how much hotter it would get without a thermostat. Over all it's great for certain situation, in dead of winter I wouldn't use it as the only heat source.

Kyle