Aquatop Submersible UV Filter with Pump

Angel Carrion

Location (City and/or State)
Douglassville, PA
I have not used this item, but am contemplating getting it for my tank that I will be upgrading from a 29 gal to a 55 gal. I was wondering if anyone has used this filter, and if anyone had any thoughts on the UV aspect of it?
Here is the link if you wish to check it out: http://www.petmountain.com/product/...le-uv-filter-with-pump.html#product_tab_stage
All the reviews on it are 4 Star or higher, with only one being 4 Star out of 9 reviews. Everyone loves the fact that this UV filter gets rid of algae very quickly and (supposedly) kills/prevents waterborne parasites (don't know if that is a good or bad thing, since some waterborne parasites may possibly be beneficial??). So basically I wanted to get people's opinions on this and any possible personal experience.
So, thoughts?

Angel Carrion

Location (City and/or State)
Douglassville, PA
I'm contemplating down the line turning this 55 gal tank into a turtle tank for a small species musk turtle - razorback or loggerhead, haven't decided. But either way that's pretty far down the line, since I'm drowning under a GIIIIAAAAANNNNT pile of veterinarian bill debt and am trying to figure out how I'm going to pay for my human bills/debt since the vet bills/debt has pretty much sucked me completely dry and I can't find a job beyond the semi-frequent pet sitting/dog walks people hire me for.

So basically I want to know if it is safe for a tank with feeders (ghost shrimp, guppies) and if it will be safe for a turtle.

xirxes

I have used this product many times in many applications. It is the lowest cost submersible system that can provide good results.

Build quality is just OK, and they do fail regularly, but short of a standalone pump, small plumbing to a HOB aqua ultraviolet 2000, this is only thing I offer my clients.

Chinese manufacturer, zero warrantee help, count on amazon.