Aquatic Cuora diet

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Pittsboro, NC
I'm struggling with getting my Cuora "amboinensis"/"oxyslopp"/"whatever they will be named next week" - Palawan box turtles to eat vegetable matter. 3 are adults, 1 is a subadult, so they should be up for greens at this point. I've kept adult ambos before, but have never had picky ones before.

Looking for suggestions:

What I have tried and has been ignored:
Dandelion
Endive
duckweed
Spring mix (store bought)
Opuntia (store bought)

What I have tried and is being eaten:
worms - meal/red/wax
shrimp
mazuir/zoomed pellets
reptisticks

Any suggestions on greens would be appreciated

ZenHerper

New Jersey
Cuora do love them some meats! lol

Try fruit first...bits of overripe strawberry, fig, blueberry, melon (where you'll get vitamin A), banana. Then edible flowers.

Like most terrestrial turtles, greens just don't appeal...especially when there are other things on the menu. Persist in offering them. Try softer-flavored things like butter or red lettuce.

Make sure to use a Best quality pellet for the nutritional balance.

Are you feeding in water? Try tearing wee bits of greens and offer with floating foods to more or less accidentally get them in.

When feeding on land, mix greens with piles of things like sticky nightcrawlers or fruit.

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Pittsboro, NC
Cuora do love them some meats! lol

Try fruit first...bits of overripe strawberry, fig, blueberry, melon (where you'll get vitamin A), banana. Then edible flowers.

Like most terrestrial turtles, greens just don't appeal...especially when there are other things on the menu. Persist in offering them. Try softer-flavored things like butter or red lettuce.

Make sure to use a Best quality pellet for the nutritional balance.

Are you feeding in water? Try tearing wee bits of greens and offer with floating foods to more or less accidentally get them in.

When feeding on land, mix greens with piles of things like sticky nightcrawlers or fruit.
Thank you, I feed in water and land, but they prefer strongly in water.

ZenHerper

New Jersey
Yep.

Focus on vitamin-rich fruit. The riper, the more yummy-smelling.

My guy will even dive for and eat bite-sized dried.

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Pittsboro, NC
Yep.

Focus on vitamin-rich fruit. The riper, the more yummy-smelling.

My guy will even dive for and eat bite-sized dried.
Worked great. Any wife brought home the worst looking fruit tray I've ever seen, the picky one went to town thank you.