Apple iOS 11- Tortoise Forum App

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
Hey All,
I'm going to make it a priority to see what we need to do to keep the app operational but I have to be honest and say that it's becoming increasingly difficult to comply with Apple. As it was mentioned, the Android app still works fine. And as time goes on, Apple wants to eliminate more and more of our ads which are what keep TFO and the TFO App, FREE for all. Donations would go a long way towards making sure the app continues to be developed because these things do cost money - and time.
Thanks for your understanding! I'll keep you updated.

Melis

Maryland
I haven't done the iOS update yet, and my app still hasn't been working today. Just keep getting error messages :(

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
And for me. I am on iOS 10 on my iPhone and my eyesight isn't good enough for the website version on an iphone 6

I do have an android tablet, but that app has stopped working too today. My tablet doesn't have a SIM, it's reliant on wifi, so I don't use it as often

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
The iPhone app fell apart a couple of days ago when Apple withdrew support for 32 bit apps. It needs a rewrite

Tonight, I can't get into the Android app either. The site is in need of some major updates and I don't know if Josh has the time, skill or money to do them

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hey All,
I'm going to make it a priority to see what we need to do to keep the app operational but I have to be honest and say that it's becoming increasingly difficult to comply with Apple. As it was mentioned, the Android app still works fine. And as time goes on, Apple wants to eliminate more and more of our ads which are what keep TFO and the TFO App, FREE for all. Donations would go a long way towards making sure the app continues to be developed because these things do cost money - and time.
Thanks for your understanding! I'll keep you updated.
How much would it cost to sort the iOS app out Josh? The android app isn't working either now so I like, pretty much everyone else by the look of it, can only get online on a big enough screen for the website very occasionally.

Is it worth considering a crowdfunding campaign to pay for sorting it all out @Josh? You would probably have to email all long-standing members to raise awareness as they're just not going to find the news in a thread.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
The app isn't working for me on Android anymore either. Maybe that means its being updated? Or maybe not...

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
In that I rely on my iPhone6 for the most part and I like the feeling I get using the app as well,(heckfire, that’s how I found the Forum those many years ago).
Now I just login on Safari and struggle through the Forum that way. One thing I did do to make things easier was I opened in Safari then I asked for a desktop shortcut. I stay logged on,( small check box) and now it's more better for me.

Jenni

Tortoise Club
Suburbs of Chicago, Illinois
In that I rely on my iPhone6 for the most part and I like the feeling I get using the app as well,(heckfire, that’s how I found the Forum those many years ago).
Now I just login on Safari and struggle through the Forum that way. One thing I did do to make things easier was I opened in Safari then I asked for a desktop shortcut. I stay logged on,( small check box) and now it's more better for me.

This is what I've been doing...

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
App updates are in progress. Donations via Account Upgrades are ALWAYS appreciated. We were grandfathered in under a free version of our app but now there will be a monthly cost associated with development, hosting, and upgrades.
The app stopped working a few days ago because we switched to HTTPS. I anticipate it being back online within the next few days. Thanks for your patience!

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
New apps are being built but unfortunately wonderful Apple takes 12+ days to approve new apps.
Anyway, the fix is on the way. Just be patient and try to make use of the mobile website for the time being. Thanks to those that have donated to help with app costs (and TFO in general)!!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
New apps are being built but unfortunately wonderful Apple takes 12+ days to approve new apps.
Anyway, the fix is on the way. Just be patient and try to make use of the mobile website for the time being. Thanks to those that have donated to help with app costs (and TFO in general)!!
Is the Android app not working because of the https change @Josh?

Foursteels

5 Year Member
South Florida
Is the Android app not working because of the https change @Josh?
I see under the link for support TFO there is another link that says you can donate thru PayPal in the amount of your choosing. When I hit this link it only offers a subscription. How do you donate without having re-curing charges?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I see under the link for support TFO there is another link that says you can donate thru PayPal in the amount of your choosing. When I hit this link it only offers a subscription. How do you donate without having re-curing charges?
The payment is to Exotic Pet Network. Can you login to Paypal and track it down through that @Foursteels?

Or you do it via the subscription, but once it's made the first payment, log into paypal and cancel the preapproved payment so it doesn't repeat. Here's how:
  1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
  3. Select 'My money'.
  4. In the 'My preapproved payments' section, click 'Update'.
  5. Select the merchant whose agreement you want to cancel and click 'Cancel.'
  6. Click 'Cancel Profile' to confirm your request.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA