Apple iOS 11- Tortoise Forum App

Foursteels

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
I just installed the new ios11 update on my phone only to find out that the Tortoise Forum app will no longer run until its updated for that release....bummer

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Well I finished my update for “iOS 11” and now my TortoiseForum.org app has stopped functioning. Now I must log on via the safari site and this is a royal pain for me. I’ve never used the Forum with Safari and for me I’ll be slacking often inputting. Ughhh @Josh @Yvonne G @wellington
I know nothing about the forum App. I only use safari. For me much easier. Sign in once if you click to stay logged in. I also didn't do the latest apple update as my phone is older, 6c or something like that and have been told my older phone won't work properly if I do the updates.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
The warnings that the app will stop working have been appearing on iOS 10 for some time and more than one person, including me, notified Josh.

Unfortunately, I am not sure that Josh wants to update it. I am sure there was something on here a while back about him wanting to scrap the app.

It is a great shame if that is the case as so many people only access the internet using smartphones and iPads these days. The browser version just isn't easy to use on an iPhone.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't know why some of you think the browser is hard. I never got the hang of the app. I only use my iPhone safari browser. Besides, I heard lots of times that some things don't show up on the app. Your missing out not using your browser.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I don't know why some of you think the browser is hard. I never got the hang of the app. I only use my iPhone safari browser. Besides, I heard lots of times that some things don't show up on the app. Your missing out not using your browser.
Once you have been a regular app user, you wouldn't want to back to the browser on a phone. It is much better

That said, I find moderation (of another forum) much easier from the browser version so from your point of view it may not be the case. On my other forum, I still use the app 95% of the time and only switch to the browser if I have to in order to perform a specific moderation task.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
The Android app still works by the way - I have an android tablet and an iPhone. Unfortunately the thing I have with me all the time and use most is my iPhone.