Anyone know what this is

Iochroma

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Francisco
Your plant in picture 1 does not have enough detail for me to ID, but I'd guess Agapanthus. If so, poisonous.
Plant 2 is "pothos", as others said. Not dangerous.
The palm in the 3rd pic. may be an "areca" - Dypsis lutescens - not dangerous.
Fourth is a Dracaena 'Warneckii' - not dangerous.
Fifth is also a Dracaena, or possibly a Cordyline. Not toxic.
The 6th, a Lantana, should probably be considered a danger, and removed. It may continue to appear from fallen seeds.
Your last plant in pics 7-9 is likely a Xanthosoma, or perhaps a Colocasia. These will appear on poisonous plant lists, but rarely actually cause problems with animals.

Tort Love

image.jpg Thank you everyone for all your information now my tortoise yard is totally safe

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
some sort of palm.

The first image looks like an orchid to me, but there are so many strappy leaf plants out there, it would have to bloom for me to identify.

The last image looks like elephant ear or arrow-root. Many of them look similar to me, all have some desirability with a few Asian tortoises.
If the long green leaves on the first pic are pretty big (plant 2-3 ft tall) could be some kind of spider lily

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Hi Will thank you for your information but I'm a little confused on that website that you gave me it said that that plant is toxic :confused:

Yes, it is often considered a toxic plant. At least some of the decomposition of that point of view is that it had been mixed up with other similar looking plants that are more widely considered toxic, like philodendrons. It is a preferred diet item of some herbivorous lizards, and I have many tortoises that have consumed quite a bit of it (pothos). TTT would describe it as having a high load on what they call 'anti-nutrients' and it has some compounds that are toxic to some animals, Herbivorous tend to be able to deal with things in plants that are toxic to carnivores. A great many plants with the toxic label have ended up there because a child ate some in someone's home or a dog or cat did. Once labeled as such they get thrown out of what is edible for herbivores. I would not force the choice to eat pothos, like mixing into a salad that is normally fed out, as the pet tortoise probably has stopped paying attention to what is in that prepared mixed salad, but a free ranging backyard tortoise or one where the pothos is a decorative addition to an enclosure where the tortoise may select it to eat, is what I consider an okay way to have it available. I would not introduce it to arid species of tortoise, but have with tropical tortoises, especially those form Asia would not concern me.