Anyone know about Nature Zone Tortoise Bites?

gn00219219

Location (City and/or State)
Taiwan
I saw Nature Zone Tortoise Bites on the Internet and wanted to know more.
However, I can't find more introductions. Can someone share or use it to share?
I care about whether my tortoise is safe, effective date and storage method.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I looked at Nature Zone Tortoise Bites. Looks like Nature Zone has all kinds of products carried by quite a few stores.

A soft-moist ready to eat gelled food specially formulated to meet the dietary needs of Tortoises. This food is flavored and scented to attract and stimulate the appetite of Tortoises. It is diced and cut into bite sized pieces ready for a Tortoise to devour. It is formulated to be high in fiber to help with a Tortoises digestion. A 2 oz. trial or snack pack, just the right amount for a Tortoises introduction to this sumptuous food. Nature Zone Bites for Tortoises may be feed as a standalone food or it may be used as a topping for a complete vegetable salad.​

• Soft Moist Food Ready To Eat Bite Sized Pieces
  • Flavored and scented to attract and stimulate the appetite of Tortoises
  • Flavored and scented to attract and stimulate the appetite of Tortoises
  • High in fiber to help with a Tortoises digestion

I would keeit stored in the container it comes in.

C8D37296-D600-41A6-AE09-74B11BAEDE1E.jpeg

SPILL

Illinois
What kind of tort are you feeding? I found an older post that says it smells really sweet like it's loaded with sugar and that it contains whey proteins, neither of which sounds good. If you already have some go ahead and use it but I wouldn't buy it if you haven't already.

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Protein should not be completely removed from a tortoises diet, all animals need protein to grow. Tortoises should not have large excessive amounts of protein though. Sugar should be avoided as tortoises are not designed to digest it, this depends on the species however. I

I think there are much better options such as Mazuri/Nutrazu tortoise diet, Komodo tortoise pellets etc....

SPILL

Illinois
Protein should not be completely removed from a tortoises diet, all animals need protein to grow. Tortoises should not have large excessive amounts of protein though. Sugar should be avoided as tortoises are not designed to digest it, this depends on the species however. I

I think there are much better options such as Mazuri/Nutrazu tortoise diet, Komodo tortoise pellets etc....
I'm not against protein altogether. The thing with whey proteins is that it is isolated from dairy products and is what the protein shake mixes are made of. Whey protein does contain calcium, which is nice, but possible side effects in humans include increased bowel movements, nausea, thirst, bloating, cramps, reduced appetite, fatigue, and headaches. If I had it I'd probably use it. I just wouldn't buy it because like you said there are better options.

Reactions: Tom

gn00219219

Taiwan
I saw that he is an old brand but I can't find a discussion about naturezone.
This is actually making me very curious that I don’t find much on youtube.