Anyone in NC, S VA, or N SC?

MountainFox

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Raleigh, NC
Any members floating around this broad geographic area? I don’t know anyone IRL who has tortoises, let alone people nearby. It doesn’t make sense to have tortoise playdates for a myriad of reasons, but I’d still like to share the tort love with the humans! Maybe get togethers where all the torts are separated? I am tort crazy, and I am jonesing to see/meet some more tiny dinosaurs. I guess what I’m actually saying is, “Are you nearby? Can your tortoise come out to play with me?”

(Also, I want to go all pageant mom about it. “Look at my tortoise! Tell me how beautiful and awesome and sweet he is! TELL ME!”)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Your tortoise wouldn't want play dates. It's not healthy for him. Could cause problems you don't want.
Now that doesn't mean the adults can't get together, taking turns going to each other's homes and enjoying each other's torts, leaving their own at home.
If you can't find anyone, there's always this forum that you can post pics on and get told how cute your tort is.
Also, if you find someone on here that you really connect with, you might become friends and text or call each other outside of the forum.
I made forum friends and we text back and forth all the time, and/or email, buy Christmas gifts and yet have never met in person. They feel
as close to a friend as my friend I went to school with and see all the time. In fact my forum friends and I have more in common then my school friend.

MPappagallo

Myrtle Beach, SC
Hi there! I am in Myrtle Beach....so I'm sorta close to you! I am a new tortoise owner....two 5 month old sulcatas. Spending a ton of time here trying to learn as much as possible!