Anyone have experience with Redfoot Ranch?

dvdposada

Location (City and/or State)
Houston
Does anyone have any experiences with redfoot ranch when purchasing fresh wild caught imports?

Last edited by a moderator:

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga

Rob4923

Tampa Florida
He’s a nice guy. Knows his tortoises too. I’ve bought from him and have met him several times. I’m actually picking up some Russians from him today

Aaron K.

Rochester New York
Does anyone have any experiences with redfoot ranch when purchasing fresh wild caught imports?
Bill is a great guy! I have purchased several Redfoots from him and have been really happy with him! Knows his stuff and very personable to talk to. I highly recommend him!!

PA2019

5 Year Member
Tucson, AZ
I bought an adult pair from him and the tortoises were in fantastic shape. I would caution that I watched a presentation he gave at a Florida Repticon and advocated for using rabbit pellets as substrate, which is wayyyyyy outdated. There was a woman on here recently who bought a hatchling from him I believe and it passed, possibly from starting it dry (i.e. hatchling failure syndrome).

Sorry, just reread the post. Adult imports should be good, I think he has all the adults outside.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
My RF Darwin came from Redfoot Ranch, and seems to be thriving so far (only 2+ weeks in).

Bill, the owner, was easy to reach, answered my questions, and shipped a gorgeous tortoise to me with an email when the box was picked up, and asking for an email once the box arrived to make sure I got the started hatchling soaked and settled.

I'd recommend him based on my experience.

Jamie

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I wonder why anyone would be importing wild caught Redfoot?
They are so numerous here in the 'states. Especially in Florida they breed prolifically.
They can be had for $40.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
Just adding some more feedback about Redfoot Ranch:

I recently bought an MEP, Aretha, from him, and she's thriving so far.

9A867BBE-BE72-4F0A-8690-80E714ACE371.jpeg

I got my redfoot Darwin from Bill a year ago and he's doing very well.

75D8BB7C-45CA-4216-9029-098BB3A5688F.jpeg

I had an easy time reaching him via email and on the phone to talk with him about the tortoises, how they'd been raised, what they'd been eating, and so on.

He sent confirmation that they'd been dropped off at FedEx in the evening, along with teaching, and both times I had them out of well-packed boxes before 10am, for a soak and inspection.

Jamie