Anyone else's tort HUNGRY??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Belchertown Ma
Hi, Just wondering if it's just my torts that are ravenous lately?? I can understand the Russians, they slept for 3 months, but my RF and leopard and Ornate are like banging down the doors. (Well they are cruising around when I get home, looking for food. I feed them a whole lot when I leave for work(7AM), and sometimes alittle when I get home.3PM
Can I use Mazuri daily? Is that too much? It's easy and they love it, but I usually only give it a few times weekly, if that. It would make life easier, but I want to check first.
Thanks Na

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
You can...

But what I recommend you do if you use it daily is to grind it into a powder.

What this does is makes it more difficult for them to eat so they don't eat as much in one sitting.

I was doing this with smaller tortoises and the results were interesting.

Russians... be careful of. They seem to metabolize the Mazuri better than any other tortoise. They will grow very quickly. I didn't like it so I restrict the Russians.

Nay said:
Hi, Just wondering if it's just my torts that are ravenous lately?? I can understand the Russians, they slept for 3 months, but my RF and leopard and Ornate are like banging down the doors. (Well they are cruising around when I get home, looking for food. I feed them a whole lot when I leave for work(7AM), and sometimes alittle when I get home.3PM
Can I use Mazuri daily? Is that too much? It's easy and they love it, but I usually only give it a few times weekly, if that. It would make life easier, but I want to check first.
Thanks Na

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Do you mean feed it dry as a powder?

How much do you give to the Russians?

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
It's more granular than powder.

The Russians only get it once a week in the warmer months.

Winter... they hibernate.

Nay said:
Do you mean feed it dry as a powder?

How much do you give to the Russians?

Status
Not open for further replies.