Anyone else here tired of being deleted or fluffed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

laney

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Aberdeen, Scotland
Right so we've got the people who don't like the way things are run,
The people who do like the way things are run,
So the mods have agreed to meet somewhere in the middle, can we just put a stop to this now and see how things go?
Rome wasn't built in a day! Lets give it time to sort things out and get back to the torts pleeeeeease :)

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
mainey34 said:
Madkins007 said:
mainey34 said:
Posts are edited no matter if you are cussing someone out or making a joke, or simply making a comment that mods, or a mod doesn't like. Or a mod. That doesnt care for you you. This crap of deleting, "fluffing" without permission is inexcusable. Ive had posts that had things deleted that made me sound like a complete idiot...Thanks Moderators! How would that make you feel? If you even cared....

I have only edited a couple posts that were not mine in my entire history, and I have never had a post edited or fluffed. Because I am a moderator? Heck no- the other mods probably forget I am part of the team because I am here so rarely in the last year. But, even when I am mad at someone or violently disagree with them, I can express it without violating rules or common courtesy. And I HAVE "cuss[ed] someone out or ma[de] a joke, or simply making a comment that mods, or a mod doesn't like." And I still did not get edited.

How would it make me feel if I WAS fluffed? I would feel embarrassed that I acted in such a way on a visible forum that someone felt the need to correct me because I did such a poor job of editing myself.

And, if I may be so blunt... WHAT SORT OF JERKHAT ARE YOU to ask if the mods care? THAT IS OBVIOUSLY COMPLETE AND TOTAL *#$^! If they didn't care, they would not work so hard. If they did not care, they would just ban jerks, idiots, and bozos rather than trying to work with people.

Your final comment is a PERFECT EXAMPLE of the sort of garbage the mods have to deal with- it was meant to be inflammatory or manipulative without being at all helpful or having any truth behind it.
And of course you just twisted that around to make you and mods look good...you should "fluff" your post...You carry the title mod. Why are you not doing your job?

You made a comment that included inflammatory words and accusations. I replied, using inflammatory words in my reply- and neither of us got fluffed or edited. Imagine that! In a forum where moderators are being accused of selective editing all of the time, neither of us had it happen to us here.

'Twisting it' is entirely your take on it, and I have no need to defend my fellow mods- I've only met one of them in real life, and don't know squat about most of the rest but I know they can stand up for themselves if they need to. From my point of view, I just challenged you on what your comments and accusations.

"Ive had posts that had things deleted that made me sound like a complete idiot." Umm... so what was deleted from these posts?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Angela, since we know that the mods are working on the.problem, and that it's going to take some time, can you just end this thread? It just doesn't accomplish anything anymore. People are just rehashing stuff and it's not helpful. The change is coming, we'll have a chance to review it, and hopefully it will satisfy some. At the very least, it will advise members of any editing. But only you can request to end this thread. Will you?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
But only you can request to end this thread

Folks are compelled to visit the thread....

If folks do not visit this thread then it is complete.

Simply because someone says that they are working on a resolution this does not mean it has yet come to fruition.

This thread was started to hear what others thought...and that is being shared now.

If you are no longer interested in the thread after you have shared your thoughts--please then do not continue to visit the thread.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Are you really trying to pick a fight? Cause if you are its on! There is no need for this. If you would use your brain and read what i said. By removing some of the thread it made me sound like an idiot. What is your problem here? MARK?!?! THE ONLY REASON IT WAS OVERLOOKED IS BECAUSE OF WHO YOU ARE... I was going to drop it and be civil, but you had to open the can of worms...very professional of you. Egg it on some more....

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I believe Mark was asking you to give an example so we all could see just what fluffing had occurred. Tell us what was deleted that made the remaining post make you look like an idiot.

I would like to pose that same question to the rest of you who think you have been violated. Tell us exactly what was cut out of your post that was so benign in your way of thinking that it should have been allowed to stay.

Mserratore

5 Year Member
I was new to this forum and stopped using it due to the rudeness of some people. Some of the members acted as though their opinions were the only ones that mattered and you were an idiot for looking elsewhere. I love my tortoises and am a highly educated person who believes in doing my research. I have gone elsewhere for information because of the way I was responded to here. I browse occasionally but am disappointed in the way that some people react with such disrespect when they are not agreed with. I would never post a question on this site because of the disrespect and condescending attitudes.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I think the problems are the way people word stuff . Its so hard to tell a joke . If you would use more of these :exclamation::angel::dodgy::(:shy::-/:mad::D:at::cool::rolleyes::p:idea:;):heart::blush::):sleepy::s I think people would under stand. And some questions that are asked can be avoided by just going to say the African tortoise section and reading care tips and so on. And when some tells you something that helps say thank you .:D

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
[SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH] Fluffed or not fluffed I personally greatly appreciate the efforts of those that run the forum, and take the personal time and effort to give us newbs a learning environment.

If a few misdirected comments or personal attacks are moderated, oh well. Take a breath, realize that just like in life, sometimes you won't get your way and move on.

I certainly hope people can try and imagine the amount of time that moderators must invest in their position, on their personal time, to ensure a forum continues in an appropriate and educating manner good for all ages.

Thanks moderators, this forum offers a great learning environment and many a reptilian friend are benefitting as a result

ICUSleeping

5 Year Member
Casselberry
I don't even understand why this conversation is still going on. If you're not rude inconsiderate or the total Butthead then you won't have to worry about your post being edit. Moderators: have a job( and DO CARE) and that's what they're doing they have to take control of people who can't use proper language or talk in a decent matter to someone. They have already come up with a solution the day of or shortly after this post has come out. The fact that people are still on here complaining and whining is dumb & annoying . And being rude to the moderators is not going to solve anything but prove this fact. People that are unhappy they left simple as that. Its not a dictatorship in this form. Everyone has the right to speak their peace but everyone forgets that there's kids and teenagers involved because it is an open forum to anyone and everyone around the world. I don't know how many post or thread that I've seen with people arguing back and forth with each other people talking to each other like trash, making new members feel like absolute crap. I've only been a member for 2 years and I plan on continuing to be a member for as long as my torts are alive.The people that say josh hasn't seen it or just doesn't care I'm pretty sure he has run by this thread already. everyone is talking about edited this and fluffed that get over it. Be a freaking adult don't belittle somebody don't curse somebody out watch your language watch how you come out and maybe you won't be edited or fluffed. People forget the kids come to this form too, yousit there and you be little them or you talk to them like crap you make them feel stupid and then the next thing you know, they might be the type of person who ruins good animals because they can't get good advice from a good forum because someone decided to curse them out and be little them and make them feel so dumb that they don't properly care for an animal that's just ridiculous and sad. If you're so freakin un happy stop coming stop posting stop complaining find a different forum do something that does make you happy but for god sakes get back to the freaking forum and stop talking crap on this thread get over it already. They have already come up with a solution period End of discussion. I'm not going to quote any members on what they said because I read almost every single comment since this thread has started so please don't reply back with your explanation on why this or why that I really don't care I'm stating my piece just like everybody else. Some of you have valid facts and are respectful some of you DONT and are plane out rude and nasty . At this point everyone's so hooked on this thread you've forgotten the base purpose of this place. I for one am tired of this bitter bickering over non since and will no longer waste my time reading non sence. Hopefully everybody can put on there big boy pants and just move on cuz if you're going to get your panties in a wad over stuff that may have or may have not affected you personally like some of the older members then you need to just stop talking junk and keep it movin. Especially since a solution or maybe kind of a solution has come up already.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I think everyone would forget about this thread if people would stop posting to it. I personally look at it everytime I see a new post. I am tired of this thread also. I think I am done reading it now...:)

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Yvonne G said:
I believe Mark was asking you to give an example so we all could see just what fluffing had occurred. Tell us what was deleted that made the remaining post make you look like an idiot.

I would like to pose that same question to the rest of you who think you have been violated. Tell us exactly what was cut out of your post that was so benign in your way of thinking that it should have been allowed to stay.
First off i will not embarrass my self once again on here. It has been brought up a couple of times, and i see that the only reason you are not "fluffing " some of these posts are to make a point. In a different setting, on a different post. I guarantee you would be deleting a few of my posts...am i right???

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
mainey34 said:
Yvonne G said:

First off i will not embarrass my self once again on here. It has been brought up a couple of times, and i see that the only reason you are not "fluffing " some of these posts are to make a point. In a different setting, on a different post. I guarantee you would be deleting a few of my posts...am i right???
Is there a solution? When will it take effect???

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Moozilion said:
This is just my personal opinion. One of the reasons I stay with this forum is BECAUSE of active Moderators. I have checked out other forums and was totally turned off by the condescending, belittling nature of many of the posts there. Moderating is not an easy job, and there will never be 100% agreement on it, but I feel it helps keep the forum focused. Just my 2 cents.

Agreed. :cool:

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
I just made a post here, and it hasn't posted as far as I can see. Interesting...Anyway, I simply stated that I just had several posts edited and removed arbitrarily. There was no promised notice. Bet no one is surprised by that. I am done contributing here.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
yagyujubei said:
I just made a post here, and it hasn't posted as far as I can see. Interesting...Anyway, I simply stated that I just had several posts edited and removed arbitrarily. There was no promised notice. Bet no one is surprised by that. I am done contributing here.
Were you told that they were going to do that? And i will bet you Didnt get an explanation of why...

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
I totally love this forum. I have learned so much. My tortoise keeping is better because of it and I personally believe there are a lot of wonderful, experienced, willing to share, more expert than me people who will help those who ask for help if they ask and are open to the responses they receive.
That being said, I am never going to read this thread again, I promise myself. It was on the Portal and it made me look. Bad Portal, very bad Portal. Moving on ... next ...

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
I once started a thread that wasn't where I started it. I asked where it went and it was pointed out to me that I posted it in the wrong section and was moved to the appropriate sub-section. In life, I think things can progress smoothly when folks take personal ownership of their actions on an interpersonal level, not an extropersonal level. There are members of whom I don't care for for any number of reasons, so I don't interact with them. I value my time too much.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Cowboy_Ken said:
I once started a thread that wasn't where I started it. I asked where it went and it was pointed out to me that I posted it in the wrong section and was moved to the appropriate sub-section. In life, I think things can progress smoothly when folks take personal ownership of their actions on an interpersonal level, not an extropersonal level. There are members of whom I don't care for for any number of reasons, so I don't interact with them. I value my time too much.

I know I will move many threads to a different forum. If it is out of relevance pertaining to the original one posted to. Example would be, a post in the sulcata forum about food, I would move that to tortoise diet. As far as manipulating, editing, or deleting actual written material. That will be sent in a notification to the author. Unless it is outright against the rules, contains inappropriate material like profanity etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.