Anyone else experience THIS? (theft of tortoise)

aaron55

Location (City and/or State)
Bakersfield,CA
Hi all, just an open discussion. I recently got my house broken into. Nothing was stolen except for my tortoise Elvis, his enclosure, and lamps....

My question is, has anyone else ran into a theft where they steal a pet of yours?? To break into your house and steal your pet??? Outrageous

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
Hi all, just an open discussion. I recently got my house broken into. Nothing was stolen except for my tortoise Elvis, his enclosure, and lamps....

My question is, has anyone else ran into a theft where they steal a pet of yours?? To break into your house and steal your pet??? Outrageous
I’m so sorry, I’ve never heard of this happening you’d think they’d be more interested in stealing jewelry, or a t.v. ?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga

Sorry to hear that happened to you. That sounds like kids possibly. A regular thief would of taken stuff easier to make money off of.

aaron55

Bakersfield,CA
Interesting that they took the enclosure and lamps along with the tortoise.
Is Elvis a high end tortoise? Special looking or rare?

Do you have any "friends" that would ransom him?
A leopard tortoise, just ordinary...I don’t have any enemies. I do however live in a bad part of my town. My wife thinks tweakers or something due to them braking in through the back door. The must have used a crowbar or something.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Definitely file a police report.

If you're on social media, you might want to mention this morning that you intend to file a police report this afternoon. Elvis just might be back in the building before you have a chance to chat with the nice folks with badges.

aaron55

Bakersfield,CA
Have any contractors or service people (pest control, etc.) been there lately?
Not inside the house, heating and Air guys came to replace my swamp cooler on Monday but this happened Sunday and I came home Monday morning and my back door was open. Neighbors didn’t see anything but their dogs were going crazy Sunday night they said. I really do think it was a drug addicted person. I live in a bad part of town.