Anyone describe or post picture of the early signs of pyramiding in a juvenile DT?

mylittlecholla

Location (City and/or State)
Fillmore, California
I would post my own photos of Cholla's carapace, but my husband and I are both technologically challenged and haven't figured out how to do that. Would appreciate instruction from any of you in this area.

I don't see any signs of pyramiding that are obvious to me, but I'm a beginner and could easily be missing them. How smooth should her carapace be?

I understand now that Cholla wasn't hatched (by her breeder) or raised (by me) in ideal conditions, The breeder, a kind elderly lady, wasn't up to date her practices or in her advice. Unfortunately the research I did (books, internet and consultations with two other keepers of DTs ) didn't provide the best information either.

As a result the enclosure I provided her was too dry. She got soaks, but not enough of them.

Since finding the Tortoise Forum about a year ago, I've been improving her conditions; for example she now gets frequent and regular soaks and; the substrate in her indoor enclosure is orchid bark, soaked ahead of time and thereafter spritzed with water daily especially during the very dry weather we've been having.

Thanks to all for any input you can give me.