rena1414
fokkerdon
Torty Mom

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I believe I am about 60 minutes or so from bakersfield. How close were you looking for?

IntoTheWildReptiles

5 Year Member
Just wondering how many people live around here. My kids are always asking to meet other tort people:). I show them this forum but they think we are the only one around here that have them.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Well the west coast people (number one in my mind:) ) Have an annual picnic type gathering usually in june or july so there will be that chance to meet a few of us.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
And besides that, there's a CTTC (Calif. Turtle & Tortoise Club) chapter (Kern Chapter) that meets once a month in Bakersfield:

OOPS! I tried to copy/paste the web address for them to give you, but I get a window telling me that it might contain malware and wouldn't let me copy it.

The web address is something like kerncttc.org.
CTTC Kern County Chapter

P.O. Box 81772, Bakersfield, CA 93380-1772
Meets: Third Friday of the month, 7:00 pm at Rusty's Pizza, 6675 Ming Avenue (corner of Ming and Ashe), Bakersfield, CA 93309.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Yep, I am here in Bakersfield, where are you? I am near Hageman and Jewetta in the Rosedale area. The next CTTC meeting is June 17. Nascarmw and I will be there. I hope you can make it. Lots of talking and pizza!

M

Maggie Cummings

Torty Mom said:
Yep, I am here in Bakersfield, where are you? I am near Hageman and Jewetta in the Rosedale area. The next CTTC meeting is June 17. Nascarmw and I will be there. I hope you can make it. Lots of talking and pizza!

How come I have never talked to Nascarmw ?

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Actually Maggie, you have when she first joined. She has been super sick and has had 2 surgeries. She also had some cancer removed from her colon also. She has had a few rough months. She is doing much better now. Remember she is the one I took my hatchlings to when I went to work, my tortie sitter. She is a sweetie. She and my hubby talk Nascar so I don't have to! LOL!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Torty Mom said:
Actually Maggie, you have when she first joined. She has been super sick and has had 2 surgeries. She also had some cancer removed from her colon also. She has had a few rough months. She is doing much better now. Remember she is the one I took my hatchlings to when I went to work, my tortie sitter. She is a sweetie. She and my hubby talk Nascar so I don't have to! LOL!!

Poor lady, that is a long hard rough spell.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.