Anybody Wanna Talk About The Food Items Sold By Kapidolo Farms?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I think it's great that Will offers us such a nice variety of food items for tortoises. And the fact he also keeps tortoises and experiments on his own animals with these foods is comforting to know. It is reassuring to learn that Will researches nutritional values of the items he sells. One of my favorites is Oat Straw. It's soft, fresh and silky, and smells good too. And I like that he gives free samples with each order.

Please feel free to add your thoughts on the subject.

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
I appreciate the variety of dried food given some items are not available in my area. I ordered some dried cactus chips, hibiscus, and mulberry leaves to mix into store bought greens for the winter. The cactus flour was a nice free addition :)

dried foods always last a while with me since I only have one tortoise, and it allows her to have a nice nutritional variety that otherwise I am not able to offer.

My only complaint is that there is no variety pack for redfoots!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I appreciate the variety of dried food given some items are not available in my area. I ordered some dried cactus chips, hibiscus, and mulberry leaves to mix into store bought greens for the winter. The cactus flour was a nice free addition :)

dried foods always last a while with me since I only have one tortoise, and it allows her to have a nice nutritional variety that otherwise I am not able to offer.

You mean something with dried fruit? I buy Zilla Reptile Munchies Fruit Mix from Chewy.com. Maybe Will could look into something like that.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga

There is a "Forest tortoise variety pack" that's the one for Redfoots.

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY

Is that true? I bet if you talked to @Kapidolo Farms would look into it

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
I have 16 products from Kapidolo Farms and love them all! They are so easy to give to my 2 tortoise and they eat all of them! I have to hide a few, but most are eaten happily!

I Can't wait until I can buy the cactus powder all by itself!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I do!

I've got nothing but good to say about all of the products I've tried so far. I love them and think they are a great way to add variety and fiber to other foods. I mix in various dried leaf products to my other greens almost daily.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I'm still working on my first order of the variety pack recommended for star torts. I use them as sprinkles on the greens, and Sulafat eats all of them without hesitation. I think they are excellent amendments to the grocery store greens. My only problem with the rose flowers is that they smell so good I want to put them on my cereal! ?

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
I've purchased just about everything from the Kapidolo Farms menu, including a handful of those "gel kits." My torts love it all, and I'm mixing a variety of the dried items into their food a few times a week.

I also use the calcium carbonate powder to make my own calcium blocks.

Will even sent me labels for storage containers (I put them on all the lids since they were too large for some of the containers).
IMG_20201023_052415.jpg

Gijoux

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I think it's great that Will offers us such a nice variety of food items for tortoises. And the fact he also keeps tortoises and experiments on his own animals with these foods is comforting to know. It is reassuring to learn that Will researches nutritional values of the items he sells. One of my favorites is Oat Straw. It's soft, fresh and silky, and smells good too. And I like that he gives free samples with each order.

Please feel free to add your thoughts on the subject.
I use nearly every product Will sells. I also make up the "Gel Biscuits" (my name for them) every few days and my tortoises love them. I spray my greens with water and sprinkle the dried greens and flowers on top. This is especially helpful during winter when the plants in my yard have lost all their leaves. Keeping the fiber content our tortoises diet up, which these greens provide, keeps them much healthier. High fiber allows nutrients to be produced in the gut and absolutely necessary for solid poops. You will never regret purchasing from Kapidolo Farms. They are very prompt in sending out orders too.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
@Kapidolo Farms - Is there a coupon code for this month? Or for forum members? I need to get some more supplies. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
The reason there are no variety packs is because then your tortoise would not get a variety. Using the different goods is what gives our tortoises the variety.

to be fair though there are definitely species specific variety packs on the site, there was just no direct indication of a redfoot variety pack!

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
I've purchased just about everything from the Kapidolo Farms menu, including a handful of those "gel kits." My torts love it all, and I'm mixing a variety of the dried items into their food a few times a week.

I also use the calcium carbonate powder to make my own calcium blocks.

Will even sent me labels for storage containers (I put them on all the lids since they were too large for some of the containers).
View attachment 311232
That is very impressive. Marketing could have a field day with that!