Any Sulcata owners in TX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

murdocjunior

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South, Texas
I would like to know if theres any1 from Texas as well so we can share info about theseawesome torts.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm sure there are...I wonder why no one has responded. I'll just give this a bump so people can see it again.

herpgirl24

5 Year Member
Michigan
I am! I got a Sulcta hatchling about a month ago and I am South of Houston.

mango matto

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
I'm in Houston. I have Sully that about 55lbs. I have a buddy that has a couple yearlings. I know there are several in Houston but I don't know them personally.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Hello, I know this is a older post but I figured I would reply since I have a Sulcata and live in Texas. He is 5 years old and he's about 26 lbs right now...

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Used to have a female, but I found her a new home when she got to 45# and I realized it was that time (spinal injury)...she lives in Dallas now, and I'm hoping her owner will join up.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
GEEZ...I though there's be a lot more of you! I know there are a lot more in CA that haven't responded (or even joined up yet), but I thought TX would make a proud showing!;)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yeah, me too. After all, everything's bigger in Texas, right?

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Hour or so outside the big, bad Dallas,TX :) I have one Sulcata (soon to be three) and three Greeks

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
I'm in Dallas as well as and have a 75# Sulcata named WalkingRock... I think he likes Texas better than Northern California!
DSCN0376.jpg

randy

5 Year Member
Mel said:
I'm South Texas with two Salcutas.

Live in Wichita Falls, my wife is from the area and we just move back after being gone since December 2004. Left Bloomsburg Pa. in November to get away from someone who was (to put it nicely) putting his hands on my two daughters a little too much. I am getting one for my 50th Birthday either next week or in a few weeks, I promised my 12 year old years ago that if I ever found a turtle (no water turtles), or Tortoise that I would get her one, we'll it's not exactly going to be hers but my two daughters are quite excited about the whole thing. They have a place here in town called Natures Half Acres that have these but I am not impressed with them or the price, and they are quite large. I want to get a hatchling so that we all can watch it grow into Godzilla.

Mel

5 Year Member
Hi Randy. Welcome back to Texas. Good for you to do all you can do to protect your girls! I used to stop in Wichita for the night when we visited our grandad in Colorado. I've never been to a reptile show but I imagine there might be negotiable deals or google a breeder in your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.