Any pet ideas for my fiance?

Location (City and/or State)
United States
My fiance wants a pet that she can hold and interact with. Shes cant really have dogs or cats cause she has allergys. She was interested in an iguana until we read that they can inflict some damage so i recommended a bearded dragon instead. But she knows that im trying to get a turtle or tortoise soon so she was like cant we play with the turtle, and i kindly said "no they are not lizards you cant just take them out and start playing with them, you can interact with them you cant really play with them!" Now she doesn't know if she wants the bearded dragon though.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
A bird parakeet or bigger, parrots are nice. The bearded dragon are great lizards but I wouldnt say you can play with them, but you can have them
sit with you. A hairless cat or dog usually don't flare allergies. Pigs make great pets too.

United States
A bird parakeet or bigger, parrots are nice. The bearded dragon are great lizards but I wouldnt say you can play with them, but you can have them
sit with you. A hairless cat or dog usually don't flare allergies. Pigs make great pets too.
Parrots are nice to i used to have a cockatiel a few years ago but it died.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
If she wants a reptile, you can't beat a blue tongue skink.
https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/my-blue-tongue-skink.30188/

Bearded dragons are great but they have two downfalls: Their poop stinks to high heaven, and you have to mess with insects of one sort or another for them. BTSs have neither of these issues and are great for handling and interaction.

I second the rat suggestion, but this may be an issue if allergies are a factor.

tortoiseplanet

Earth
Rabbits are very social animals and love human interaction. I think that would be the perfect pet if she isn’t allergic.

madbad

Sacramento, Ca
Male rats are pretty outgoing and interactive...if you can handle their massive..parts dragging around on everything.

DE42

Leopard geckos. If she like reptiles.
They are small, easy to care for and love handling.

DE42

Also if she does not like the idea of bugs cresties are good but not as social in my opinion.

daniellenc

Maryland
Chahouas are great but nothing I’ve seen here including my offer is snuggly. May I suggest babysitting a neighbors kid? Ducks and runs.

DE42

Chahouas are great but nothing I’ve seen here including my offer is snuggly. May I suggest babysitting a neighbors kid? Ducks and runs.
Oh snuggles!! When you want a Python or Boa!!! They LOVE snuggles lol.

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
We died laughing because we were at the pet store with our three year old. She was oohing and aching over every animal. She said, “It is sooo cute!” My husband, “I had to stop myself from gagging. It literally looked like a dead possibly zombie lizard.”