Any Michigan sully owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Are you looking for an indoor or outdoor set up. Also, for what size/age? If its a young hatchling or little older, read Toms threads below in my post for raising and housing him.

swatsx

5 Year Member
Don't even have one yet, just wondering what others are doing I want one but looking for ideas I read some of toms things he's a great man when it comes to torts I want first hand Michigan sully keepers tho just what they do and they're set up

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I know a member that lives in upper Michigan, she has adults. She houses them in the winter in a barn and heats it. There are a few other Michigan members, I don't know if they have adults that they house outside. Either way, you will be housing it indoors with outside time until it is about 8 inches. Then you will eventually need to house him outside in a heated large heated shed, garage or some will house them in the basement for winter, the tort having the majority of the basement space, and again heated. I live in Chicago, originally from MI and I have a leopard that will live in a heated 8x12 shed.

lkwagner

5 Year Member
I have 3 sulcatas and like in MI. I'm working right now but I will get back to you later today :)

swatsx

5 Year Member
Can't wait to hear! Where about in mi I'm south eastern in macomb county

lkwagner

5 Year Member
I live in oakland county...lake orion. I will be home soon and will give you more info!!!

n3rdchik

5 Year Member
Michigan
Not a sully owner, but a cheerful wave from Washtenaw! We have leopard tort. Rumps is 8" and has a 12' x 12' pen outside. He comes in the evening.
Winter - we are trying to find a way to maximize is roaming area in the house.

~Marka
3.0.0 offspring
2.2 nieces and nephews
1.0.0 leopard tortoise "Rumple"
0.0.1 cherry head redfoot arriving soon

swatsx

5 Year Member
Hey n3rdchick what is your set up inside and out any pics ?

lkwagner

5 Year Member
I'm going to send you a pm about everything, I have actually been considering giving up one of my baby sulcatas because 3 is just getting too much to handle.

Haira32

5 Year Member
I am in Wisconsin, not quite Mi, but we still have long cold winters. Right now we have a hatching in a large steralite bin, but our plan is to either build a large heated shed for him as he grows, or a greenhouse kind of thing. We have a few acres to work with, and can't wait till he is big and strong!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
swatsx said:
Wellington what do you keep and in what ?

I have a leopard. Approx 8 inches and 2 1/2 years. The shed is well insulated 8x12 and he has an outside run available also. I may also attach a plastic 8x8 green house to it I used last fall and early spring for extended outside time. Not sure if I can get it to match up to the torts door though.

Status
Not open for further replies.