Any Louisianans?

thorn1856

Location (City and/or State)
Natchitoches, LA
New member to the forum, although I've lurked through the threads for quite some time. I am in North-Central Louisiana, and I would love to meet other keepers near the area.

I have sulcatas and red foots, mostly adoptions, and am eager to get them back outside when the weather warms up! I know they are too!

Thorn

thumbnail_Image (2).jpg

Jan A

Boulder, CO
New member to the forum, although I've lurked through the threads for quite some time. I am in North-Central Louisiana, and I would love to meet other keepers near the area.

I have sulcatas and red foots, mostly adoptions, and am eager to get them back outside when the weather warms up! I know they are too!

Thorn

View attachment 315357
Welcome from Colorado!! Love your red foot! I'm in the learning & prep stage before I buy a red foot or cherry head tort.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Welcome, thorn1856!
I'm in southeast Louisiana: Covington, to be specific.
I have a Hermann's tortoise and 2 turtles: a captive bred razor back musk and a wild caught, disabled (but don't tell her that!) Mississippi mud- she lost her right front foot to an unknown predator when she was a tiny hatchling.
The Louisiana climate is GREAT for turtles and tortoises!

thorn1856

Natchitoches, LA
Great to meet you! My mother is in Alexandria and has three-toed box turtles and other small species. I tend to gravitate toward the larger species... sulcata, redfoot, etc. Would love an Aldabra at some point to roam the compound.

My wife and I are educators and are starting a tortoise rescue here in Natchitoches since there seems to be several people who get in over their heads with tortoise keeping and the space requirements or with life changes that make it difficult for them to continue to care for their tortoises/turtles.

There seems to be a lot of tortoise people along 1-10 but very few up here. Hope we can inspire some folks!!