Any interest in TFO T-shirts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Why aren't that many people buying the t-shirts? Price? Design? Color? Something else?

What can we do to encourage more people to buy a t-shirt?

There used to be a lot of people always wanting to get a shirt or a calender or something, but now... nothing.

Whats the deal?

Thanks for any and all feedback you give.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, but I'm not real fond of the graphic.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I think a black tshirt would be nice, instead of white or blue. I'd like something more realistic looking. Anybody see the NARBC shirts this year? They had a Gila monster on them? Like that, but with tortoises. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Or a cartoon graphic. I liked the graphic on the old shirt. And this one has always been a favorite of mine:

turtle_car1_T.gif

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Hi, since your asking, I would love if I could get it on spaghetti straps type t shirt.
Probably not realistic, but that's all I wear all summer. Everyone gives me tshirts and I never wear them.. sorry
Na

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Meg90 said:
I think a black tshirt would be nice, instead of white or blue. I'd like something more realistic looking. Anybody see the NARBC shirts this year? They had a Gila monster on them? Like that, but with tortoises. :)

The shirts this year are BLACK, not blue.

Nay said:
Hi, since your asking, I would love if I could get it on spaghetti straps type t shirt.
Probably not realistic, but that's all I wear all summer. Everyone gives me tshirts and I never wear them.. sorry
Na

I can look and see if the supplier can do that. I will keep that in mind for the next generation!

emysemys said:
Or a cartoon graphic. I liked the graphic on the old shirt. And this one has always been a favorite of mine:

turtle_car1_T.gif

Please talk to Josh about the first generation of shirts with that really cool cartoon graphic. I think we should try those again, but thats up to him.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Different graphic, scoop neck to make more girlie. I also like black.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
jlyoncc1 said:
Different graphic, scoop neck to make more girlie. I also like black.

very good point. there are a lot of girls on here, and i need to market to their style. and i will stick with black! in the meantime, want a black one?

I AM OFFERING A DISCOUNT ON T-SHIRTS!!!! $10 EACH PLUS SHIPPING--$15.00 TOTAL!!!! BUY 3 GET ONE FREE!!!!

shipping is $5.00 regardless how many you buy, buy 1 or buy 50, still $5.00 for shipping!!! :)

email or PM me if you are interested... I printed many t-shirts already, and if we are to make a 2nd generation of shirts with a different design, and style of shirts, then i need to sell these first!

So help the cause! if you want different shirts in the future, then please buy these now. They are great shirts!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
spikethebest said:
doesnt hurt one bit! What would you perfer to see on the next generation of shirts?

Oh, I know! Pick me! Pick me!

Awhile back we had a thread with some cool ideas for a new logo (I already have a navy blue with white letters tshirt from TFO with the logo at the top of this page and I wear it A LOT). :D

Madkins had several variations on his "earth tort" that he uses as his avatar, and I really like that one. :cool:

Then, for TFO shirt design #2, I want that "Obey the Tortoise" design that I love that is DAC### (can't remember or locate him now, dang it!)'s avatar. :p

I would be happy to buy one of each if those were the graphics, or if someone (read: Spike!) wants to hold a logo contest, we could vote on a new graphic--no, wait! That won't work because I might not get my way! ;)

Seriously, though, how many shirts have to be ordered to break even or make a profit? Is it even possible to do two logos/two shirts? Or maybe one shirt with my preferences on the front and back? ;)

And I vote v-neck tank top vs. spaghetti straps! :D

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I vote for a spaghetti strap shirt. I wear those ALL the time! Do you carry xs?

I want a picture of a shell or something--it'd be great if you could do a shirt for each species! And say something like "Team Greek" below the picture, with the TFO on the back. The basics could be covered--like Sulcata, Greek, Leopard, and Red Foot. :)

Don't want to overload anyone, just my humble thoughts. :)

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Meg90 said:
I vote for a spaghetti strap shirt. I wear those ALL the time! Do you carry xs?

I want a picture of a shell or something--it'd be great if you could do a shirt for each species! And say something like "Team Greek" below the picture, with the TFO on the back. The basics could be covered--like Sulcata, Greek, Leopard, and Red Foot. :)

Don't want to overload anyone, just my humble thoughts. :)

that is a great idea! its fun and educational at the same time. we carry sizes youth small, up to XXL adult.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Could do a contest for it too! Like, for the tort that goes on the shirt! I'd love to have a chance to get one of my torts on a tshirt!

And we have keepers of all those species here!

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Meg90 said:
Could do a contest for it too! Like, for the tort that goes on the shirt! I'd love to have a chance to get one of my torts on a tshirt!

And we have keepers of all those species here!

great idea! i will start up a new thread with a poll, and see if there is interest. i cant order 100 shirts of someone's tort, and only that person buy it.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
Sorry, but it seems to much like an add and I'm not wild about the whole look of it. I think the web site name should be more marginal and the picture should jsut focus on a graphic of a tortoise. Some examples of graphics I like (none of them mine, so I have no rights to them fyi):

turtle_red.jpg

turtle-earthsea.jpg
<-- but more tortoiseish

plaque910h62.jpg
<-- could look cool to have three different (or 8!) species of tortoises in a circle. Like a picture or drawing of a redfoot, sulcata, star, russian, etc. Probably my favorite idea if it turned out how I am imagining.

I'd definitely but one of these shirts!

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
See, the thing is, none of those pics are usable because TFO doesn't own the rights to them, but I like the design.

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Yeah..I'd be more willing to buy one if the design was more eye catching..

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
Here's something I whipped up (with paint! lol) and I think we could replicate this picture with torts from people on this site! :)

example-2.jpg

Meg90 said:
See, the thing is, none of those pics are usable because TFO doesn't own the rights to them, but I like the design.

Well surely we have some artists on here? Or people who can use photoshop??

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I would like a tank or v-neck something cut for a girl and not boxy or high necked. I also like bling. A rhinestone tortoise would be really cute :)

Angi

Status
Not open for further replies.