Any good news from ordering a red footed from backwater

wyblegirly22

Hi everyone I'm Ashley and I didn't really read the reviews from backwater tortoise I know stupid and I order a adult red footed tortoise any body order one and have it be healthy? Please get back to me asap

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hi everyone I'm Ashley and I didn't really read the reviews from backwater tortoise I know stupid and I order a adult red footed tortoise any body order one and have it be healthy? Please get back to me asap

Is it too late to cancel the sale and buy from a reputable breeder?

Do not worry about hurting their feelings. Starting your tortoise experience with a healthy animal is much more important than not offending a disreputable seller. If the tortoise has not shipped, you should be able to cancel the sale and start over from scratch. We have many good breeders on this site that start their babies well and have loads of good reviews.

wyblegirly22

I sent like 5 emails no answer! My bank said I can get the money back only if they agree to it ugh

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I sent like 5 emails no answer! My bank said I can get the money back only if they agree to it ugh

Over night shipping for Tuesday arrival doesn't leave their hands until Monday afternoon. Try to call and email first thing in the morning and don't take "no" for answer. YOU are the customer and it is your money. You can back out of a sale if you like. DO not let them guilt you into continuing. It is THEIR fault they have so many bad reviews, not yours.

wyblegirly22

I'm waiting for them to answer they don't have a number and the bank said I can get my money back they just have to agree

tfrank

I have had a very bad experience with them dealing with a sulcata hatchling I ordered and it died two days after there 7 day gurrantee we toke pics of him when he first arrived his eyes were closed and they never really opened despite the baby food soaks and vet visit and I have been keeping reptiles for 16 years and never had anything like this or dealt with people like them definitely DO NOT SHOP AT BACKWATER REPTILES!!!!!!! I'm Taylor btw

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
They just answered and said they will prossses my refund now I really gotta find a a red footed tortoise breeder I live in Morris county New Jersey I'm willing to drive to Pennsylvania

Don't you have to buy out of state anyway? I seem to recall New Jersey having some weird law about selling turtles.