any bay area people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toribird

5 Year Member
This is a bit of a long shot... If anyone here has visited the East Bay Vivarium in Berkeley, would you please tell me what you thought of it?

I've heard that all (or most) of their employees keep reptile pets and I have met some employees who seemed very knowledgeable about tortoises. I went there intending to buy a tortoise. At first, I had settled on a Box Turtle, but one of their employees lectured me on how they really need to be kept outside all the time and how Berkeley weather isn't great for them. When I did decide to go home with a Hermann's, another employee helped me get everything I need for her. From my experience, they are very good at informing people about adult size and proper care.

On the other hand, many of their animals are kept in small tanks. Some employees are less knowledgeable than others - the reason I'd initially settled on a boxie was because of the advice of a different employee.

A lot of the posts here have warned me against pet stores. However, I think this may be one of the better ones. If you have personal experience with EB Vivarium, please let me know about your experience.

terracolson

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento
I havent been there yet, I am in Sacramento and I hope to go some time.. My husband beggs me to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.