Anxiously waiting...

Kory

Location (City and/or State)
New Orleans, Louisiana
This wait is killing me! I posted about a month ago about my 10 box turtle eggs in the incubator. The 5 gulf coast are at 33 days in the incubator and the now 4 three-toed eggs are a day behind at 32 days. One of them turned brown and caved in so I removed it before it burst or got too yucky because I didnt want it to jeopardize the other eggs. If I am keeping my temps right at 80 when do yall think they will hatch? These eggs have me feeling like an anxious little kid! Even though I know there is nothing changing I check on them multiple times a day. My constant checking has only gotten worse now that schools is out and I am off work for the summer!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't know, sorry, but I do know it's a long time. Another member has pancakes eggs that seems like they have been cooking for almost a year. Good luck and hope the time goes by quicker for you.

MichaelaW

5 Year Member
Harlingen, TX
They should hatch at around 70 days if the temperature is maintained at around 82 degrees. Good luck! I'm still waiting for my female to lay!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Mine usually hatch around 3 months.

Kory

New Orleans, Louisiana
Thanks all! @Yvonne G have any advice for hatchling setups when they finally hatch? Been doing a lot of research but always feel its best to get it straight from someone who does it!

MichaelaW

5 Year Member
Harlingen, TX
They require high humidity so sphagnum moss is a really good substrate. Also provide a hide box and a shallow water dish. I would soak them daily to make sure they drink and stay hydrated.